Andy Conway Bae Hawk

Phil May

I've decided to build my 1st 'proper' pss model, not correx 😢 or even foam, but traditionally from balsa.

The chosen model is Andy Conway's plan of a Bae Hawk.

Any advice, photos or modifications will be graciously recieved.

I don't see it being ready for the slopes this summer, but hopefully by autumn/winter.

Hi Phil,

A great choice for your first balsa build, a relatively simple design which Andy has modified and improved for scale over the years - it builds quickly into a great little PSS model! I do regret selling mine a couple of seasons back and will no doubt build another one day!

I have a number of photos from my last build, but I think that was from the previous version of the plan so there will be a few deviations... but pictures always help and I will endeavour to upload some shortly for you.

Best thing to do is study the plans in full once they are with you and raise any specific questions you may have on here - there are many PSSA members looking in who have built this model from the plans over the years - you wont be short of help that's for sure!

Enjoy your first build! thumbs up

• 3 years later...