Tony Oneilll Renaissance

Looking really good, Tony. Not long until you get up now?!

Have you worked out your ESC and battery placement? I ended up placing the ESC behind the engine firewall with a cooling hole opened up for it. The battery was immediately behind and it gave me perfect balance - no weights needed.

Thanks matt. At the moment the esc is below the motor but not fixed. This week should see it finished then i can set that up properly. Behind the fire wall sounds good. I have a 14.4v battery around 4000ma so its a good weight. No added weight is my target to im hoping for the same.

Finished at last. There is a fly in at my club tomorrow i think i will get a more experienced flyer to take it up first. Has to add about 20grams to the tail as everything inside is as far back as i could go. May have to rethink this though. Added a stripe on top of the wing since this picture. Used a lemon stabilizer plus receiver which is working well. Plenty of power and the motor mount is solid. Good to go i think!finished.jpg

Looks great, Tony!

If it flies anything like mine, you find it extremely stable and easy to fly.

As we have he same motor/battery selection - I found it more than adequate.

i followed Lindsay Todd’s guidelines on throws. Now have mine stepped up a notch and looking forward to getting up tomorrow.

RE balance - I have my motor really far back with a liteply box to hold it in place.

Hope it goes well - I’m sure you’ll be delighted!

Thanks matt. Looks about the same re battery, i have the esc a bit further back. Weather hear is warm and sunny with light wind. The motor mount may have made the difference i only needed a small amount on the tail. I must admit i was surprised at the power! Pulls like a train lol.

thanks Lindsay and Chris, yes well pleased it flies well and will be going up again tomorrow. Re the landing gear, i forgot to fit captive nuts, so the solution i tried was to drill a 5mm hole in the ply mount then tap it 6mm like a piece of metal. as its thick it took a thread no problem and i then used 6mm nylon bolts to fix the landing gear. worked a treat and the gear is solid and had no problem on our grass strip.