Lidl Bandsaw

Aldi after sales is good too. I had a 24volt drill where the chuck jammed and I could not change speed. Single phone call and I was sent a post paid addressed label by email. Packed it up and took it to the post office. Within 10 days I had a new drill. Same thing with a floor steam mop recently.

I have several Aldi tools including a sliding mitre saw, angle grinder, router with table and a chunky mains sds drill/breaker and have found them reliable and inexpensive. I usually cost the tool into any project in hand and that way have built up quite a workshop. All a bit too large for modelling of course.

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up a Lidl bandsaw today, haven't opened the box & assembled it yet. Will be selling my Burgess 3 wheeler with spare blades & various extras in the near future.

I'd already called in at Aldi & bought a cordless electric screwdriver, Lidl had exactly the same item with the same interchangeable heads but in a different case for the same price - £19.99.

Whilst at Aldi (Blyth, Northumberland) I noticed they had several of their scroll saws for sale (I think they were at £49.99) but I didn't pay too much notice of them as I already have a decent scroll saw.

best thing in my workroom is the disc sander from Lidl , use it for everything if you use the guides , use a 90 degree square to set it to the sanding face same to set the vertical

£30 well spent...switch broke on the first one after about 10 months , lidl had it picked up by courier and a new one was delivered from Germany after 8 days

excellent service