WLTOYS V912 tail rotor problems

Kevin Murray 1

Hi all,
New to RC Helicopters really so i'm still very much in the learning phase, I recently bought a Wltoys V912 4ch heli which seemed to work ok or that is what I thought seeing as it was my first 4ch heli, I did crash it twice (not badly) before managing to get it to hover quite successfully although it always wanted to drift right and slightly forward before the crashes anyway, My problem now is after a few heavy landings the rear rotor isn't working correctly as in intermittent or stops completely unless manually pushed to spin, Will I need a new motor or is this fixable ?,Any help would be greatly appreciated as I did enjoy flying and learning before the problem rear rotor issue.
Thanks
Kevin

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 02/04/2019 20:29:55

Depending on how you landed it, you may need a new main board, they don't like heavy landings but are cheap enough to replace and easy to fit. The rest of the Heli is pretty tough including those motors.

I've had one for 6 years now and it's still going. Bought it for a fun machine whilst building my bigger helis and it has certainly proved to be a good little flyer.

Ps, the drifting to the right is normal as that is towards the direction of the retreating blade (clockwise rotation on these) and it doesn't quite have the full flapping / damping mechanism found on normal helis

Mark

Edited By Mark Stevens 1 on 04/04/2019 03:12:40