New EDF Mini Jets- Jet Provost & Folland Gnat

A couple of new EDF jets following on from the principle used so successfully on the Mig15, Sabre, Hunter and Phantom.

Because I dont have a time limit as to when i need to publish these models, I have had a load of fun really wringing these out and get the best out of the EDF setup.....The Provost is fabulous and is sooooo smooth.

Putting larger lipo packs in these models has given them more duration and a little more resilience to stronger winds...2700mah in the Provost and 2200mah in the Gnat

I have ditch using the AEO 50mm fans and now only use the FMS 50mm 3S 5400kv version that can deliver around 600g of thrust. All the new models are now around 6 to 8oz heavier than the sabre /Mig and seem to work better with the extra weight....still only 22oz /sq foot wing loading so still very hand launchable!

Hope get some video to post tomorrow

img_7076.jpg

img_7079.jpg

img_7080.jpg

img_7081.jpg

img_7082.jpg

They look awesome Mr N!

A non vstol Harrier and maybe a A4 Skyhawk, Mirage 2000 or Puccara from The Falklands War could be good subjects also. The list is limited only by ones imagination really. Keep up the good work sir your models are simply awesome.

Kind Regards

Steve

Edited By Steve Adams on 13/04/2019 22:47:10

Tony, so glad that you are feeling well enough to start designing new planes for us to build, when will the Phantom and the jet provost be available , will they be free plans or available direct from you? I think the responce for any of these small jets would be fantastic. I have just finished a small all balsa Skyray which is awaiting its maiden, I used the FMS 50 mm fan but to get it to fit I had to leave the bell mouth off the front of the fan, but the thrust will still send the jet across my bench, it pulls around 23 amps and gives about 230 watts on a used old 3 s battery so I think the performance is as published, also I can only fit a 1300 3 s battery so duration will be a problem, I purchased the fan unit from bangood in China they are selling them for around £20 pounds at the moment post free plus a couple of dollars extra for priority air mail which gets to you in about a week, again Tony. glad to see you back the hobby needs you.

Thanks for all your comments.....The models will all appear as free plans sooner or later and I will be stocking the 50mm FMS fan as this is the only fan I will recommend. Using the 2700 mah 3S lipo in the Provest, Im getting 7-8min flight time and 6-7min for the Gnat using the 2200mah.

Loving these models

Thanks Tony, the Folland Gnat looks great. As I was the Red Arrows Team photographer in 79 (last year of the Gnat) - 81, guess what the colour scheme will be?

Just need a 50mm EDF version of the Hawk now. The smoke pod would make a great holding point for hand launch. Great designs & thanks for the Lysander.

Previous page Piers

Posted by Tony Nijhuis on 30/04/2019 22:59:43:

Thanks again......The Hawk may well get another reincarnation Hugh.... although i have just modified the old Pusher Lightning I did a few years ago with a single 50mm fan..... Also a TSR2 is being sribbelled at the moment.....one of my favourites