New EDF Mini Jets- Jet Provost & Folland Gnat

Hi Tony,

Having carried the JP & the Gnat over to the patch for you the other Sunday, and watching Graham put the Hunter through it's paces 😀 I'm completely sold on these little models, thanks for tempting me back from "the dark side" (model boats)

No rush for the plans, I'm on holiday for a couple of weeks 😃

Regards Ray

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Tony, love the Jet Provost. Im building one from the free plan and cant wait to finish it.

where did you get the small stickers for this jet i.e. the ejection seat ones and rescue ones etc?

i'm ok for registration numbers as I can cut them with my vinyl cutter.

Incidentally, did you know that the reg number XH558 is a Vulcan?

thanks mate, keep up the good work. I will probably make the Gnat too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So an update .. maiden was interesting and short .. a good launch resulted in a bang !! 2 secs after take off and a glide to ground

Fan unit pulled out of former and a blade missing !!!not good

rebuild and a new unit and try again .. flight ok this time but pitchy and not comfortable . Power good though.. more weight up front and wow ..on rails and a blast !!!

steve

So an update .. maiden was interesting and short .. a good launch resulted in a bang !! 2 secs after take off and a glide to ground

Fan unit pulled out of former and a blade missing !!!not good

rebuild and a new unit and try again .. flight ok this time but pitchy and not comfortable . Power good though.. more weight up front and wow ..on rails and a blast !!!

steve

just back from the field , maidened my JP- well Boby Bloor did actually, superb flyer , we all thought that it might be marginal on the 3 s FMS fan, also it ended up being 2 ozs overweight, balance as the plan, today was windy, but the little plane coped amazingly well, only comment from Bob was that downwind ( and the plane was really fast ) he got the impression that the ailerons were blowing back - not surprising looking at the speed and ammount of sky the little plane was eating up, after 5 mins flight the battery had 27% left, all in all a good maiden, well done Tony.