Late in the day

The wings were covered white. I then cut the red trim pattern and dropped the temperature of the iron. The red trim can then be ironed on with enough heat to secure the film but not enough to shrink it.

The same with the fuselage and tail trim. I have used this method before and the trim always stays on.

The one thing with Hobby king film is if you are applying say red over blue you will get a slight white bleed on the edge of the red film this can easily be cleaned with a solvent and is a minor price to pay when you consider how cheap it is.

• 2 weeks later...

Now flown this model. Found the controls a bit sharp so I have tuned them down a bit. I have trouble trying to get a decent idle on the Thunder Tiger engine despite taking advice on the airbleed setting. The engine will idle perfectly on one flight and then go dead stick on another. I will persevere with it for a while and see if I can sort it.

Richard

Edited By Richard Acland on 12/07/2019 19:54:44

Looking at the pictures Richard, if the muffler exit is still turned skyward like that

Then move it to point to the ground

A small reservoir can develop that way, and snuff the motor out a low revs

Don't get too transfixed on the airbleed screw,

Half way across is the way to go, having checked the hole is clear

Look at the tank and plumbing otherwise, for pressure, not tank height

Small TT motors run well, but don't age well, if it is well used, they do suffer piston wear