An Introduction to the PSSA 2020 Mass Build Project

• 2 weeks later...

So my build of it has started, i dont profess to be an expert builder but these plans are quite simple to follow. My biggest issue so far has been trying to get the materials as every model shop i went to did not have any 3/16 balsa strip so had to make my own. Ive started with the fuselage whish is built in two halves. I waould say just check your grain direction on the f14 cut out as mine was running verticle so flexes alot when trying to slide it through the f6 piece and may snap if not careful.

This will be my first mass-build. Martin I have been in touch by e-mail - hope to see you at the Great Orme in September, which will also be my first PSSA event, but I have seen some of the previous models flying there. I thought I would post this picture of the F86 at the Museum of Flight in Seattle (Im on holiday there and saw it yesterday!) - actually a Canadian built Canadair CL-13B. This one flew coast to coast in 1956 breaking the speed record for that 1400 mile flight.Canadair F86.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the confirmation. I have been scouring similar plans, and noted that the Phase 5 AMT had 2 laminations of 3/16", with joining wires of 14g. You said on another thread that the F86 joiners were 8g (front) and 10g (rear), if I remember correctly. Aren't these a bit thick - I have never built an AMT so I am speaking from intuition rather than experience!

What will/have you used on the Gamma build?