Summer Evening Club Meetings

Nightflyer

So I love summer evening flying and always have since I started learning to fly, but there is always something special when the monthly club meeting is held at the field.

Currently I belong to one club that I have been associated with for some 22 years. We are these days a smaller club but have the occasional summer flying meeting and still have most summer meetings at our local hall.

I have been thinking about a club that is actually a lot closer to where I live these days. So I had decided to go to their club meeting to find out more, and then I found out it was at one of their sites I went along. First person I met was an ex member from my current club. I was made very welcome, met a few other old ex members and had a thoroughly enjoyable evening to the point that I am now going to join that club too.

Summer evening meetings at the patch can really be a great ice breaker and yield new members if all were as good as this particular club's was. Something for clubs to consider to swell their membership perhaps or get more members down to the patch?