Aldi again

Martian

Posted by Gary Manuel on 26/07/2019 01:31:13:

If they are these drinking straws, or these they sound like the sort of thing that no serious model builder should be without. I suspect that 0.6mm is the wall thickness. It would be nice to know what the overall diameter is.

Edited By Gary Manuel on 26/07/2019 01:53:38

I think you may be over-thinking it Gary....0.6x0.6x22cm makes them 6mm diameter.

• 2 years later...

Yes, profit Ken, they are half price.

Has to be obsolute stock, as it would be unfair to sell new products, as in the current model shops, at half price.

Major manufacturers allow big discounts to move old stock, but would stop supplying you if you sold new stock below price.

As wide apart manufacturers such as Hornby and Hotpoint.

4 minutes ago, Denis Watkins said:

Major manufacturers allow big discounts to move old stock, but would stop supplying you if you sold new stock below price.

As wide apart manufacturers such as Hornby and Hotpoint.

They would be practicing Retail Price Maintenance, which I think you'll find would infringe anti-competitive laws. 

Don beat me to it.

On 26/07/2019 at 08:21, Old Geezer said:

Sold out on-line ? - might be some left in store - all you have to do is find 'em!

No no Lads. Not price fixing.

You, or I can go to the main supplier, Hotpoint, Hornby, Seagull even

And ask to buy the whole of an item that will no longer be made further or supplied further, Obsolete.

We can then sell that at our price.

• 2 months later...

I've passed on all my 35mhz transmitters to those clubmates who still use 35mhz, some years ago - don't have any broken aerials either, but I do have some home-brewed softbore cutters in various sizes made from that lovely K & B brass tube by a long missed modelling pal. I think of him every time I use them.