Flyer's F86 Sabre

• 3 months later...

Well, just ordered my woodpack, as I hope to start this weekend. Been slow out of the blocks as been trying to sort one or two things for the build. Hope to post up a few things in a day or so.

And I've ordered more gold paint !!

Cheers

'Golden Nugget'........

Posted by Martin Gay on 07/11/2019 20:24:39:

Nugget,

I hope to send you a drawing this weekend!

Martin.

cheers chief, doing a crash course in turbocad deluxe at the mo...……. yet another stooped idea to add to the list!

cheers Ade( Golden Nugget)

Watching this one Flyer. I was going to have a crack at this version. I went to Halfords and they told me they were out of stock after a bloke in South Wales bought the entire nation's stock?

Incidentally just finished the Vulcan book - really enjoyed it and quite emotional too, reads like a thriller. Will let you have it back at the next meeting.

Posted by Peter Garsden on 07/11/2019 20:53:15:

Watching this one Flyer. I was going to have a crack at this version. I went to Halfords and they told me they were out of stock after a bloke in South Wales bought the entire nation's stock?

Incidentally just finished the Vulcan book - really enjoyed it and quite emotional too, reads like a thriller. Will let you have it back at the next meeting.

No problem Pete, it's a good read for someone who has an interest in Vulcans.

Not 100% sure about that gold paint though, seems to weigh heavier than silver...…….

Cheers

Ade

Posted by Mark Kettle 1 on 07/11/2019 22:11:28:

Maybe Nugget ( I forgot we christened you with that name at one of the meetings ) back to the gold paint heavier thing, you maybe need more thinners around the gold ingot your using?

but it's 18 carrot...…….. cheeky

• 1 month later...

Finally commenced building with the air brakes! First attempt at 3d printing, and another 3 to make. I'll be facing off the 3d print with balsa to conform to the fuselage profile. Hopefully show the hinging geometry shortly (once I've worked it out). img_0577.jpg

Will be building properly in February.

Cheers

Ade

Posted by McG 6969 on 30/12/2019 17:55:55:

... "building properly in February", Ade?

I do realize it's not a F1 GP, but my best guess is you will be painting the 'conservatory' in Gold again... devil

Cheers

Chris

Busy couple of weeks ahead Chris, so I thought I can sort out the 3d printed air brakes, so that when I'm building they should just slot in. I've also 'negotiated a two week period in Feb that I need to be home from work...…….' Building will commence at a rapid rate then, helped I must say, by the efforts of the lads. Will be making a 'special' canopy plug in the next few weeks, in between work.

Cheers

Ade

• 1 month later...

why 3?FINALLY !

Laid down plans this afternoon and have made a start. Have also been trying out new 3D printer to fill the cockpits !

Hope to join fuselage of number one next weekend. Started with the fuselage as I have been dreading the planking, and have never built a model like this before. Thanks to the other bloggs, and by studying the plans, it's actually quite straightforward.

Few pics to date.

Cheers

Adelaying out