Isle of sheppey flying

nigel newby

A few weeks ago I was on the Isle of Sheppey, and saw a few chaps flying down by the last retreat cafe on the Shellness road just past Leysdown.

Does anyone know anything about this club, as I have been unable to find any referance on the internet. We have a caravan just down the road from there, and it could be ideal for me. All the best Nigel

Thanks for that Alan. Yes I have seen their website, but it is not the group I am looking for. At least I don't think it is, because whoever was flying had powered models, and the Medway site is for gliders and free flight only. I have also found the Barton Point club, but that is not the club either. All the best Nigel

Hi Nigel, Mike and Alan The group who fly at Shellness are nothing to do with Medway MFC Not sure its legal to fly there anymore but as it's quite remote they seem to do as they like .. We currently don't have an active site on Sheppey due to a C**K up with the farmer and his secretary !!! we paid our rent she told him we hadn't and he ploughed up and cropped the site angry. Hopefully we can rebuild the site and have the Vintage RC /free-flight meetings again next year. .

Our site is at Iwade a couple of miles from the Sheppey crossing I am a member of BP as well as MMFC and its often windy at both sites, you just have to learn to fly in it