1/8 scale AB Models PSS MB326 Impala

Monz

Next up as a quickie will be this 1/8th scale kit from AB Models. Kit comes with a glass and CF fus, tip tanks, belly pan, canopy and cockpit base. The wings are foam core with Obechi skins, spruce LE and live hinged flaps and ailerons with built in gap seals. How cool are these!

I'll be doing the all silver trainer scheme as below.

The wings have been joined and glassed, tip tanks glued on and I made some air intakes from 6mm depron laminated together and sanded to shape.

Also spent some time sanding the seams on the fus joint down and sanding the stab balsa to shape.

There is a pre cut slot in the fus for the stab which once in is square to the fin, but once the fus is on the wing its out of square. Turns out the one wing seat is 2mm less than the other, so a quick bit of balsa filled in and now everything is square. Well, almost, now the canopy base and front fus is out, but I can live with that as they're not really visual. I'd rather have square wings!

The stab has been glued in, the elevators next, and then the wing. A shot of it together shows a nice little Imp in the making.

Hope to get primer and silver on it during the week.

• 2 weeks later...