Sabre made in Belgium

This is my solution for the fuse-wing transfusion in the front.

Making the fillets completely in balsa would give a vulnerable situation ,so i adapted a little piece of hardwood to the wing joiner.Remember the inside of the fillets is already reinforced with glasscloth for strenght.The finishing touch will be done with filler and ultimatly glassed overall20200131_230244.jpg

Hi guy's ,

With the belly parts in place it's time to adapt the ply wing bolt plate. I sanded away the sides untill they were completely under the belly top (in fact the bottom as we are ''inverted''now).Glued it in place with epoxy and drilled the holes for the wing bolts,guided by the holes in the wing.

I then covered the ply with balsa and sanded it flush with the rest of the belly and the fuse behind the wing20200202_211239.jpg

very nicely done Dirk, these belly pans are always a labour of love as you approach the end of any build, they seem to take a lot of fettling to create the right result around the load spreader - which you have done here of course!

Did you also put the block of wood on the top side of the wing as per the plan (to stop the wing being over tightened?

Hello again to all ,

With the wing fitted to the fuse ,the last task on the wing is to make and fit the ailerons.I started them earlyer with the hinges at the top edge but i didn't like it ,and they were a bit banana too so i tossed themangry 2.

I made a new pair out of triangular stock balsa and rounded off the front side to be hinged in the middle.The hard part is now to make the trailing edge of the wing hollow in order to get the gap between wing and aileron as small as possible.

I tried to file a round gutter in a balsa strip but that didn't work out as i wantedembarrassed.I couldn't get the width correct.20200205_214308.jpg

M Placed the aileron in the wing an marked them where the corresponding holes should come and drilled these too. It's a delicate job as the ailerons are not much thicker than the drill !Controlled the dept with the lenght of the drill.

Made all the holes a little conical to get a tight fit.

20200206_230437.jpg

yeah nice job!!

Where is the difference measured Dirk? Along the sub T/E from root to tip?

It's certainly drawn with equal lengths on paper. I guess there is a tolerance stack up with the exact position/angle of the root and tip ribs, the fixed length of T/E stock and the angle of the tip ... along which edge are you measuring and seeing the delta??