Sabre made in Belgium

That's too bad, Dirk.

It was a perfect moment to try it out though. cool

I realize getting basic products is a problem at the moment with all the DIY shops being shut down.

I'm very close to having no spray can primer anymore amongst other thingies... but luckily I still have my Dog's second wing halve to start... blush

Cheers & stay safe, young man

Chris

Hi all !

I promissed myself not to bore you guy's with photo's of sanded sabre parts. Now that everything is ready for the final primer (oef...),its time for a parts listing !

20200416_225050.jpg

20200416_225101.jpg

Apart from the main canope frame , everything is now ready for painting. This main frame will be cut to the right shape when the front frame is in place.

More sanding coming my way i guess !

Thanks Steve ! I new from the last mass build that the detailing takes most of the time !

I got everything ready to get the sabre in primer today but my stock let me down...No primer to be found at casa Tinck !

With all the warehouses closed that could mean a serious delay i'm afraid.sadThe search goes on tomorrow !

Looking for something to do in the meantime i got the dummy airbrake actuators hooked up in the brake-bay's

20200417_232355.jpg

They have to move without any friction so they don't stress the servo too much. To achieve this i had to sand the copper balls a little , thank you dremel ! A good thing i can still remove the brakes to do this job !

20200417_232433.jpg

20200417_232449.jpg

Another item i can clean up and remove from the to-do-list !beer

Hi Dirk,

Don't mention detailing, please... My cockpit details are taking me mountains of time... frown

Regarding your primer, the DIY stores - Gamma, Brico or Hubo, etc. - are back open in BE since this weekend !

The Motip branded grey primer at Brico is of good quality if you are looking for spray-cans.

Cheers

Chris

Well done Dirk,

I've finally managed to get a working air-brake on mine, and I'm beginning to think that they are not worth the extra effort! Anyway, too late now. I think your solution is way better than mine, but that's the challenge. Have they added much weight ? Mine are coming in at around 22g per airbrake, uncovered.

Cheers

Ade

Posted by dirk tinck on 18/04/2020 23:49:23:

Hi Ade ,

mine weigh 15.5gr on the scale per side , minus the 2nd part of the actuator and paint.

Can U get some pics uphere ?

They do ask a lot of attention i know but it's a nice scale item i think

cheers , Dirk

I've put a few pics up on my build blog Dirk, hopefully it shows how I've approached the issue. Now I've clamped the two halves together, it does add something to the build. But next time I may well copy your method.

Cheers

Ade

Hi all !

Found some primer today so i blown every part clear of dust and primered all the top sides. I used MOTIP spray putty in cans as i did on the hurricane last year.

worked out very well ,even with the paint still wet,i couldn't see any spots needing more attention than normal.

Tomorrow i'll do the undersides and then it's time to paint all the interior parts so i can finish the canope parts.

Yes ,there's light on the end of the tunnel !!smile d

20200421_223322.jpg

Hi all ,

Looks like this detailing is going to take forever ,and looking at other blogs,the''to do'' list is only getting longer...

Last thing i did was painting the seat and the back part of the cockpit

20200427_222033.jpg

Next thing before the real painting is to finish the inside of the brake bay's