Sabre made in Belgium

Posted by Andy Meade on 23/01/2020 16:25:11:

Have you forgotten you and your A4 won a prize on the Lleyn Peninsula Mr Garsden? cool

Good point well made Mr Meade though the prize was for flying not for making, which is where the Tinck comes in. Sometimes you just have to accept that you are better at some things than other things.

Thanks for the offer Peter !

I will get you that beer anyway but i'm going for painted decals from paintmasks. I maybe regret that later toughembarrassed

As for the prizes,it's always great getting appreciation for hard work but the fact that friends offer you help like you just did ,means much more !!

As promissed the pics of the canope ,The spare one i moulded,and the epoxy- one that will become the frame.All in good shape !!20200123_230512.jpg

As it is too soon to cut out the frame (not hard enough because of the night themperature in the shop) i offered the wing to the fuse.

First i dry-fitted the dowels and the wood nuts to put the wing in its right place.

Cutting the wing opening in the fuse is not easy because of the dihedral :It goes from negative in the front to positive in the back so i came up with this :-Cutted the opening slightly oversize

-mounted the wing

-Slided a piece of sandpaper between fuse and wing and sanded an

even gap of 2mm (Had to dubble the sandpaper to get 2mm)untill

a 2mm balsa piece fitted in the gap20200123_221337.jpg

Hi all !

The wing seat is done but i forgot to take picsembarrassed.I will sort that tomorrow.

After 3 day's the canope mould was dry enough to cut the frame out of it,atleast the outside !To get the right cutting line i placed the real canope in the mould and drew a line at the edge.I needed to sand the inside because it was to shiny, even for a permanent marker !20200124_231656.jpg

Gordon, how do you think I could feel then? I only had 1 1/2 build before starting the Sabre... blush

Dirk, allow me a question, please:

> did you cut the Vortex canopy following the bordering line that it shows? ... or does one have to go with the 'cut, try & retry'-method???

Thanks & cheers

Chris

Where the ply wing seat stops following the upper wing sheeting ,there was a little infill needed (corners).While working on the wing seat i tried to form a little wing fairing in the front.The edges get very thin and fragile when i sanded them so i reinforced the wing seat with two 100gr. layers of glass and epoxy.When this is dry ,it will be easyer to form and sand them.20200128_223704.jpg