Cambrian ME109 Funfighter electric build

Very nice Superfreighter Ray, my brother and i spent our childhood summer hols with our grandparents in Hadleigh, just up the road from Southend during the British Air Ferries period and were always looking/listening out for the Carvairs. Time there was split between visits to the airport and the Marshes were the local model club flew.........

Build is finished now, covering will be done this weekend, i have a Nijhuis Gnat which i will be doing for the forum 2020 mass build but i am slipping a Nigel Hawes 30" span Tucano in first. My wife and i have given each other a 7 day challenge, mine to build, cover AND fly the Tucano in 7 days, hers to read 7 books of my choosing from her `library` of unread books! I will be starting a separate thread for the Tucano build today...........

Edited By martin collins 1 on 14/01/2020 14:24:42

• 6 months later...

I realised that i started this nearly a year ago now and that various other models had jumped the queue ahead of finishing the 109 Funfighter off. I`ve spent a few hours covering it, having used some Polyspan on my last build (see my 7 day challenge Jodel thread), i thought it would be ideal for the 109 as well, it is now covered and ready for paint. Hopefully that will get done in the next couple of days, i will post some pics up once it is finished...........

• 2 months later...

Cambrian ME109 is now finished apart from the pilot and decals, got to order some in the next few days, as with most of us other projects have jumped the queue in front of this one but pleased with the result and i am now waiting on the weather to maiden it. Only on a 3s 2200mah but it has bags of thrust and pulling 460w and am pleased to say it has weighed in at 2lbs 10 ozs so plenty of bang for the buck. After the maiden i hope to be able to launch it myself, with this amount of thrust and the light weight i should be ok. If you have ever thought about building a Funfighter i have no hesitation in recommending one from Cambrian, helpful people to do business with as well.

img_20201004_205650_resized_20201004_090253743.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

img_20201122_145515_resized_20201122_025722075.jpgJust about done now, maidened successfully a couple of weeks ago, bags of power on this motor and 3s, more than i need. Just got a pilot and the red dragon unit decals to ad once i have them, great fun to fly, will get more sorties in once the lock down has ended.............

Edited By martin collins 1 on 23/11/2020 13:27:33

• 1 month later...

20210105_112724_resized.jpg20210105_112637_resized.jpgSteve at Cambrian Models resized some Dragons for me to simulate those on the full size plane, really pleased with the effect. Quality kit which was a joy to build, will be buying another Funfighter from them trying to decide on a Spit or Hurri, whichever i fancy an unusual paint scheme. Fixed prop no issue on landings to answer a previous question.20210105_112515_resized.jpg

• 3 months later...