New Poll - sticky situations.....

I have joined myself to my models many a time.

Worst episode was when the top came off and a big splash glued my shorts to the chair and me to my shorts. It wasn't the stickiness that was the problem it was the heat generated causing burning. The parquet floor was not improved either.

Most irritating feature is when my smart phone does not recognize my fingerprints.

Levanter

Posted by Foxfan on 26/08/2019 14:20:39:

Twist your fingers against each other if you've stuck them together. Superglue has no strength in torsion. Then hot soapy water will get it off. Avoid acetone at all costs.

Martin

How do you twist fingers on the same hand together without breaking them. Anyway, you have to man up and yank. Superglue on fingertips is a very effective contraceptive.

Don, you would have to be very cack-handed to glue two fingers together rather than thumb and finger and surely you can twist finger against thumb? I know I'm double jointed in the thumb area, but I can twist most. maybe not the little finger, but then I don't get CA on that.

Have you noticed they always put the stuff in round-arsed pots? Like lemonade. What we need is the miniature version of the Pussers rum decanter. Can't fall over. Designed for ships at sea.

Martin

Foxfan, I can do cackhanded. It starts with a quick wipe of excess from a spare finger, and then a second wipe of excess from a second finger, badly wiped off on trousers. What can go wrong. In fairness, being pedantic, you made no mention of thumbs in your post.

I agree, my trade did a conical flask for that purpose. To find a CA bottle, on its side, plan glued to building board in a pool of glass, is disheartening. Bad language results.

I didn't need to make it that complicated the other day. Two fingers holding a piece of wood in place, 'I'll just put a drop of CA on there to tack it'. Glue floods out, index and middle fingers bonded to each other and to the Black Magic I'm fettling. I knew there was a reason that I usually stick to PVA.

Coat please blush