Mark's Peggy Sue 2 Build

Mark Elen

THat looks impressive.

When I get someone starting out in aeromodelling I always tell them. "You will crash models. It doesn't matter how long you doit,oit doesn't matter how good you get,You will always crash them. ITmay be a stupid mistake, it may be equipment failure. IT may be weather but they will crash so get used to the idea now."

I know! I have been crashing models since about 1953!

That is a really sad thing to happen to a new model. Last summer we had an invisible whirlwind pass through the pits on a beautiful day. Models tossed every which way, but fortunately most avoided landing on something hard. The pilot who had his model in the air with his back to us did not really notice it at all and was rather surprised when he turned round after landing.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Gents for your comments.

I like that Peter.
I have been a bit quiet this week, as with the decision made, I have got most of the new wing built.
I was never going to be happy, bodging the old one back together, maybe if it had solid coloured covering, but with the transparent scheme, it was a non starter.

It has been a whole lot easier building it the second time, as it was so recent, I haven’t been scratching my head and having to work out how to approach each bit. I have also been pushing myself to get on with it with the mantra ‘wing in a week’, where normally, I would ‘leave that till tomorrow’, I have been thrashing it out and getting it done.

Anyway, it’s well on its way. Hopefully, this one will last a bit longer than 1 day.

Cheers

Mark

Hi Peter,

Hope you are keeping well.

Here is a photo of MK2 wing. I have made a better job of this one. I took the opportunity to tidy up a couple of bits that I wasn't happy with on MK1.

43b5fdbe-ea14-4945-8a51-3fd9a0b13775.jpeg

I'm just hoping that the wing retaining holes will marry up with the t-nuts in the fuselage.

Cheers

Mark

I have a method of ensuring that the holes line up. I take short pieces of nylon bolt and make a point on them using a pencil sharpener. These are screwed into the Tee nuts and then the wing is lined up over them. When you are happy press down and the locations are marked on the wing. Simples!!

Posted by john stones 1 on 13/06/2020 21:30:49:
Posted by SR 71 on 04/06/2020 07:43:30:

This is my scratch built 1/3 scale Bucker Jungmiester after a roll that went wrong, so yours is not to bad Mark, still annoying though isnt itdsc_0002.jpg

Roll ? What did it roll under, proper job is that. surprise

At a guess I would say a combine harvester!!wink

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Some comments on electrifying this model are on this page of the original thread. Moving the bulkhead forward 25mm as suggested seems a good idea.

No doubt Peter will comment about about motor offset ( or lack of offset) in due course.

Edited By kc on 04/09/2020 17:25:44

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...