Andy Edmead Build Blog Sabre

Posted by Mark Kettle 1 on 09/09/2019 21:26:35:

Hi Andy and welcome to the forum. Good choice and scheme.

I have found a new one now as someone has already picked that one. Still sticking with the display team idea though.

Thanks Mark I was talking to you at the Orme I think? I'm really bad with names!

Edited By Andrew Edmead on 09/09/2019 21:33:13

Edited By Andrew Edmead on 09/09/2019 21:33:40

Martin, to be honest I like the red scheme as it looks a bit more straight forward than some of the other schemes.

I'm not sure about the drop tanks, this is not my first model build but it is my first Scale one.

Are the drop tanks on the plan? I haven't checked yet?

Can I ask a question, did the flaps make a difference? Should I build them it or keep it simple?

Andy

p7080122.jpgJust received the Oct 19 issue of RCM and E, way out in the antipodes, and the column SWITCHON grabbed my attention. With the sub title PSSA GOES ALL AMERICAN, I could not believe what I was looking at.

Two pictures of a model Avon Sabre A94-101. A94-101 was a CA26 Sabre, a one off and prototype of the Australian built Sabre. The 1st production Australian Sabre, designated CA27, was A94-901.

A94-101 survives in the RAAF Museum, Point Cook., VIC and A94-901, survives in the HARS collection at Albion Park, NSW.

Yes, the Sabre was an American design, but this model is of the Australian variant, and should have been so captioned.

I am unable to let this matter pass without comment. There will be the occasional gremlin.

A picture of A94-101 at Point Cook. Not the best view, but it will have to suffice.

"Other Andy" smiley I do like the black one, but the red one should be easier for me, I think. However I reserve the right to change my mind throughout the build! But will stick with the the aerobatic scheme.

It's been interesting reading up on the Sabre such a lot of history with that aircraft.

I will build in the flaps then.

I assume you attach the drop tanks on with magnets so they fall off on landing?

I'm going to study the plan tonight to get all my materials ready, so I will probably have a load more questions soon.

Andy

Posted by Alan Gorham_ on 10/09/2019 12:31:16:

Interesting stuff, but what a pity you've placed in someone's personal build blog for an Italian Sabre.

Perhaps an email direct to the magazine editor might have been more relevant...

I agree, what an utterly pointless post and way to ruin someone's blog.

" I am unable to let this matter pass without comment"..........................you should have, it's petty.