Andy Edmead Build Blog Sabre

f477789d-7073-416a-885c-84f0e331ba7e.jpeg5eb717ad-37fd-4bfc-ade6-7c285b78357a.jpegIve found the backend very difficult especially with the absence of some permagrit files.
I ended up with all my planking flush with f10. So I had to make a complete exhaust.
I simply glued together some hard balsa block and stuck it to f10..

Then I shaped it to a rough profile, again most people are all doing it slightly different.

so after looking at pictures and various blogs I finally got somewhere close.
As for the the inner round hole, being an electrician I attacked it with my 51mm

metal hole saw. It nearly ended in tears so I don’t condone this method but it worked for

me.

I primed the fuz today. It’s obvious by the time I did the planking on the second

side I was getting the hang of it. A bit more sanding to do I think.

I would like to get some red paint from Halfords but I can’t decide on which red.

Ive Googled the fire balls scheme but I can’t find a paint code.

Any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

I've been busy sanding and painting, I wasn't happy with the the finish I was getting.

It's now been sanded within an inch of it's life and is super smooth, however such attention to detail

is showing up more imperfections but I will have to live with them.

I have been looking at the canopy, and I fixed it on loosely. If you look at my model further up this blog the canopy to me looks too far back?

Going back to the drawing, the canopy looks a bit different, I've looked at all the blogs and looks to me that there are some differences in position. I just cant work out the right position.

Looking at some pics of the real thing it looks like the canopy should be a lot further forward than on some of the blogs.

Any thought on this I really want to get it right.

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Andrew ,mark L and R the balancing point on your top wing side , 172 mm (check on Martin's gamma build blog ) behind the leading edge , just beside the fuselage

Turn the plane upside down and support it on the balancing points :It should be level when balanced right.