In 1961 The New German Federal Luftwaffe

• 1 month later...

1st of November 2019, here I go.

Well like the phase or was it a proverb 'A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step' coined in China I believe. So I begin my F86 Sabre Mass build effort, no come journey! I bet, I pick it up and put in down a thousand times before it is done, lets see.

After looking through the kit of parts supplied by Martin and Gordon, the whole wing left and right panels are built on a 'jig' placed over the plan, the jig controls the dihedral and wash-out from centre mid rib chord to the wing tip rib.

Identifying the parts, the jig is in small parts and it needs assembly.

A little sanding / shaping is needed to put the male plugs to female lugs together, see picture.

Wing jig lug ends

See you in a bit.

Edited By Mark Kettle 1 on 01/11/2019 13:36:48

Hi Mark,

A very 'didactical' start of your build thread. Very clear & well explained. yes

That's exactly what I need to make some progress with my kit, so I can only hope you will go on the same way when progressing with your construction.

Unfortunately, I might have to ask some questions during your progress. blush

Thanks again & cheers

Chris

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reaction.

Despite I'm "looking in", I'm not really in the "child/ youngster" category. blush

But I really need some guidance throughout the build to avoid as many as possible 'gotchas'...

My "build start" is a bit slow as I'm trying to figure out the differences between the F-86 and the 'Dog'.

I'm redrawing some parts, mainly the front keels (F13 & F14) and some formers of the fuse need to be modified.

Regarding the 'wood', I just finished cleaning/filing the bits for the wing jig and hopefully I can start with that one during one of the following days.

Cheers

Chris

Good to see you joining us this time Mark - last time was the year of the Vulcan? I was looking at the speed brakes. My concern is the droop which makes them fall below the bottom of the fuselage. So if we land in heather and do not retract them on landing they will get ripped off. Worth some thought though. Videos are very helpful.

Posted by Mark Kettle 1 on 12/09/2019 08:09:28:

A big thank you... for the lesser worded title on this thread.

"In 1961 The New German Federal Luftwaffe"

I know I am not well in the head, but I feel this is THE GREATEST TITLE, EVER, for a Sabre build blog. Possibly even the GREATEST TITLE, EVER, ANYWHERES for a build blog of ANY aircraft type. 

REDACTIONS CAN BE FABULOUS!  Hilarious how it turned out!

starstarstarstarstar

Edited By John H. Rood on 08/11/2019 19:14:52