Forum 2020 Mass Build discussion.

EDF jets is OK with me. EDF on order and ready to make a start, Not sure which one to build though.

TBH, its what the mass build was originally all about, a quick, cheap and cheerful build. What is there not to like about it..

Martin C, my RCM&E arrived earlier this week.

Martyn

Edited By Martyn K on 18/12/2019 22:50:01

The Veron Deltaceptor was a popular 40" design for a ducted fan IC engine, but is easily adapted for electric ducted fan. Adding RC would make it very interesting.

In the early '60s I built a Veron Deltaceptor, but never completed and flew it, so I looked it up on the www and found the plans there.

BUT BE WARNED: I tried to download the zipped plan on outerzone (free plans) site on Wednesday evening, using the link to the winnzip app on the Outerzone page with the plan, onto my mac, only to find that all my Bookmarks had disappeared and replaced with a load of rubbish and certain normally confidential information had been accessed and presumably copied.

My computer has spent the last 24 hours in hospital, and the emergency operation seems to have been a success.....

William

William

"BUT BE WARNED: I tried to download the zipped plan on outerzone (free plans) site on Wednesday evening, using the link to the winnzip app on the Outerzone page with the plan"

Hi 2W,

Outerzone only hosts PDF files; they don't link to the winzip app or zip files.

I'd suggest something else has happened to your PC before you got to the Outerzone site.

Posted by Nigel R on 20/12/2019 10:21:24:

"BUT BE WARNED: I tried to download the zipped plan on outerzone (free plans) site on Wednesday evening, using the link to the winnzip app on the Outerzone page with the plan"

Hi 2W,

Outerzone only hosts PDF files; they don't link to the winzip app or zip files.

I'd suggest something else has happened to your PC before you got to the Outerzone site.

I would suggest possibly that the problem was the link offering a download a copy of winzip

As Nigel says the plans are pdf's

Geoff

Edited By Barnstormer 52 on 20/12/2019 12:56:27

Sites like outer one and aerofred sell advertising space. Many of the links are labelled download but are almost certainly not what you expect, usually some genuine utility software, occasionally, malware.

I accidently accidently downloaded and installed some virus scan tool from one of the big suppliers which was a real pain to get rid of.

Have we got a definitive answer on the mass build choice yet. Only 11 days to 1st January. I don't think that anything will take over the TN minijets and there are enough raking part to make it worthwhile.

Martyn