Forum 2020 Mass Build discussion.

Great to know the mini jets are being considered for this years mass build......now i have to give a little credit to David Ashby on this one as two years ago, he did come up with the mini jet idea.....and the rest is history....so thanks Davidwink

Also think the idea of making your own choice is a great idea as it will swell the number of interested parties. The great thing about the mass build it will hopefully share the amazing aeromodelling tallent of you guys with newbies and hopefully push the boundaries of the design concept. I do hope that participates will 'do there own thing' with the new EDF power units coming along.

So at the moment you have 6 models to choose from and all of them use the same setup in terms of EDF and battery so there is no losers or winners when it comes to cost or performance.

There will be a couple more next year (EE Lightning & BAC Hawk) so hopefully there will be enough to choose from....

As several have mentioned earlier in this thread i think it would be a good idea to get going on the build earlier than in previous years. I have several hobbies and during the (hopefully) warmer months with lighter evenings etc i probably won`t be doing much building whilst now it would be a toss up between the building board and TV! Any chance the subject could be confirmed and the button pushed for the 1st of Jan as it would then be officially the 2020 mass build. Any others agree with me on this?

I agree Martin. Once the decision is made, hopefully more people will join in and we will get more variety.

I've been looking at Tony's plans for years and really looking forward to building one of his designs. Really fancy the Zero at some point so I might "accidentally" put that plan in my basket when ordering the canopy wink 2 it's the most cost effective thing to do really so I'm just being sensible....

I am waiting for a restock of my balsa supplies from SLEC and then I'll be starting in the new year. Really hoping for a good Mass Build turn out.

Gary

Santa came through for me, Gnat EDF kit which along with the RCM&E build article and a Gnatty (sorry!) Airfix 1/48 scale Gnat kit which will be used for the decal scan for plane mine will be built as. Pressing on with my Cambrian ME109 now to get the airframe finished to clear the building board for the mass build. Mine will be started on the 1st Jan................ smiley

img_20191227_215249_resized_20191227_100343616.jpg

The Gnat is my choice.

probably do the Red Arrows colour scheme or the silver/dayglo orange scheme like in Martins post above.

Having already built and flown the Jet Provost and done the red, white and black colour scheme, I'm leaning towards the Red Arrows scheme on the Gnat as it's much simpler.

Steve

Started on the jet Provost a couple of weeks ago. Canopy and intake mouldings to hand (very quick service from TN Designs!). All parts cut out, wings complete, fus started, but with fan on order from Banggood I'm waiting to be able to complete the fan fit to make any more progress. All done with wood from the spares and leftovers box!!