Jet Packs

cymaz

Watched it in total disbelief!! Brilliant

My first job was to"play " with peroxide rockets for the "industry ", so aware of the dangers ! Its OK when you are a youngster but a sense of self preservation kicks in later.

There are plans on how to make homemade HTP rockets out of sparklet bulbs on the net , and they work !!

PP

Yes the peroxide rocket was crazy . I felt sad for the chap after his accident requiring skin grafts ...even crazier then testing In Sydney harbour knowing the risk of infection if touching water. Of course the inevitable happens . It just shows how driven the guy was . Obviously being driven is different from having natural flying talent as the original rocket man seemed to have . I’m pleased he transferred to the much more sensible jet and achieved his well deserved success. Certainly he learned the hardest way . I’m sure now sophisticated electronics could be used to increase control and balance plus a very necessary over g cornering warning ! Hopefully they will also be able to modify the platform to add leg protection too.