Ben Buckle Falcon Build

Best of luck with your Falcon. Mine has been gathering dust in my loft and needs another airing perhaps with a 4 stroke motor rather than the Merco 49 . You can see through the nylon covering just about but really the plane could do with a refurbishment. When I got it from E-bay it was structurally unsound due to mouse damage at the rear of the fuselage, so I just did sufficient with key hole surgery , balsa cement and balsa wood so it could fly,which it did very well.

KK Falcon

Edited By Mike Etheridge 1 on 02/06/2020 21:58:04

Posted by Robert Welford on 02/06/2020 21:53:42:

Lovely build Jason - well done.

I'm disappointed it's not going to be powered by a Laser 4-stroke

You've no idea how much I would love to stick a laser engine upfront, but the noise would likely cause the loss of my public flying site.

sad

Posted by Mike Etheridge 1 on 02/06/2020 21:56:54:

Best of luck with your Falcon. Mine has been gathering dust in my loft and needs another airing perhaps with a 4 stroke motor rather than the Merco 49 . You can see through the nylon covering just about but really the plane could do with a refurbishment. When I got it from E-bay it was structurally unsound due to mouse damage at the rear of the fuselage, so I just did sufficient with key hole surgery , balsa cement and balsa wood so it could fly,which it did very well.

Edited By Mike Etheridge 1 on 02/06/2020 21:58:04

yes

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Basil, my Falcon is still collecting dust in my loft and I still have the option of fitting a 4 stroke motor in place of the Merco 49 . I think it's over 10 years since it flew after I had carried out minimal repairs to the wing plus rodent damage repairs to the fuselage. The plane is covered with orange nylon which could do with replacement on the fuselage

24-08-2008 ; KK Falcon 96 003.jpg

Falcon 2.JPG

SANY0090.JPG

• Like 2