Oodalally - Build Log

OK, so here we go with another build log!

I wanted something that would be suitable to take a 'B' test with and also something that would be a good first model to build using my Home-made laser / CNC cutter.

My first thought was The Ohmen, but decided on the Oodalally as it is a bit larger. Also, I have some 4s batteries that need a good home.

Having obtained a PDF version of the plan, the first job was to trace out all the parts that I would be laser cutting. For this I used a program called InkScape.

1.jpg

Each part was created on a separate layer, this makes it easier when you create the cutting files later.

2.jpg

Next, I created a new document in InkScape and set the page size to a sheet of balsa. Then I copy all the parts that will be the same thickness and lay them out on the page. I then produce a cutting path and using the J Tech Photonics laser tool (a 3rd party extension that I installed into InkScape), I produce the g-code file.

3.jpg

More later...

As I am building the Oodalally for electric power, I needed to alter F1 so that the battery can pass through it to help with obtaining the correct CofG without (hopefully) having to add extra weight up front.

I swapped out the laser for my dremel and cut out these parts:

img_4504.jpg

img_4506.jpg

Here is the machine in action:

I didn't get the measurements spot on, so it needed a bit of fettling to put together:

img_4509.jpg

img_4511.jpg
img_4512.jpg

More Later...

Edited By Geoff Gardiner on 11/11/2019 11:37:04

Edited By Geoff Gardiner on 11/11/2019 11:47:07