Oodalally - Build Log

• 4 months later...

I have finally managed to maiden my Oodalally yesterday wahoo!

I have used an old e-flite power 25 motor that was from a crashed damaged donor plane. It seemed OK on the bench but I think it may have issues - it was a bit hesitant to throttle up to full power on take off. I think I may swap out the motor and see if this rectifies the problem.

Despite this issue, it flew an absolute treat (after a few clicks of trim), I am 'well chuffed'. No pics or video I'm afraid.

Geoff,

Its an Overlander Thumper 3548/05 . I test ran it at the weekend:-

newly charged 4S , 10,000 rpm, 60A at 14.7V giving me 882W . I used an 11x8 wooden prop.

Thats pretty much max allowable so I may drop to an 11x7 and see if it takes the top off !

I suspect there will not be too much max throttle to begin with as it came out under the target weight at 4lb 2oz (1.872kg).

Frustratingly our field is still closed .

Tim

I put it on the CofG balancer this morning and, as the new motor is a bit heavier, I had to move the battery as far back as I could to achieve the correct CofG.

I then found that I could not get the prop adapter fully on as the shaft wasn't protruding enough out of the nose cone.

Usually with this scenario I would use spacers to move the motor forward but in this case that was not an option as it would throw out the CofG (I can't move the battery any further back).

In the end I opted for cutting 5mm off the front of the nose.

With the new motor and a 6200mah 4s battery I am getting:

11x7 Prop - 650W - 40A

12x6 Prop - 724W - 46A