Carbon Cub setup in RF9

Dave pickett

Hi guys, returning to RC planes after a 30 year gap!. I have RF9 to help me get back into it and for Christmas I have bought a carbon cub, which of course is one of the available planes in RF9. I tried it yesterday but it only shows AS3X mode, and I cant figure out how to get the beginner and intermediate modes to activate. I'm using the Spektrum wireless dongle and a Dx6i DSM2 TX. I have the latest DX 6 and 8 if these are required.

Can anyone tell me how to get all 3 modes working? and internet search has proved fruitless.

Sent an email to Horizon and got the following reply, works great not sure whether the auto land works but virtual fence and self levelling do!

The following instructions are ideally used on Gen 2 Spektrum radios or newer.
You can use on some Spektrum Gen 1 radios, however you will need to assign switches to the proper channels. To achieve the correct functions.

Before you set up your Spektrum radio with the WS1000, you need to have a blank ACRO model in the transmitter. This is the model you will bind to. It may be useful to rename the ACRO model as “RealFlight” or “RF8.” If your radio is non-computerized then simply bind to the WS1000.

You will only need a minimum of 4 channels to operate all functions in the flight sim.
The correct channel set up for the blank model should be as follows:
In the function list for the ACRO model go to [Channel Assign], click [Next].
Assign Channel 5 to "Switch A”
Assign Channel 6 to "Switch D”
Assign Channel 7 to "Switch H”
Assign Channel 8 to "Switch B”

Depending on the transmitter you can change the two position and three position switches to match your preference. Keep in mind, the switches we set here are the switches that are used in RealFlight.

1. First bind the radio to the WS1000. Please insert the dongle into the computer with the button pushed in; this will put the WS1000 into bind mode.
2. Bind your Spektrum radio to the WS1000 by pressing the bind button on the radio while powering it on. Often times you will have better success with about five feet of separation between the transmitter and the WS1000 receiver. The radio should bind. If not repeat steps 1 & 2 until you have a bind between the radio and WS1000.

Launch RealFlight. Select [Run RealFlight] then select [Fly]. Now that you are on the flying site it is time to set up your controller.

1. Select [Simulation] located at the top left of the screen you are in then click [Select Controller].
2. Once this window opens you should see "Spektrum Receiver" as the active device and "WS1000" as the selected profile. if it is not please use the drop down arrow to change the controller to WS1000.
3. Next click [Edit] which is next to the profile drop down box.
4. Once in this menu, please check all controls. If any controls are backwards or non-responsive this is your opportunity to change/assign them.
5. Once you have made all changes please save the model in the flight sim using the “Save As” button. Please save under the name of your actual radio to distinguish the model from all others in Real Flight.