The Whipitteer

Richard Harris

Well it looks as if flying is off the cards at the moment. Total lock down in my part of the world. Flying clubs are locked with a $75.000 fine for any one found on the field.So I hope everyone has building materials on hand and plenty of time to spare.Cos I did so hope to get in some more flights with this model

Happy Landings.

Chris...

Chris,

Same here, its a £30 fine  if caught undertaking non essential activities under our lock down. Its my last day at work tomorrow and I then have to self isolate on my own for 14 days. Luckily I have many unfinished projects that I must try and complete in readiness for those long summer evenings, maybe not this year.

What will you build?

Rich

Edited By Richard Harris on 26/03/2020 22:03:55

Edited By Richard Harris on 26/03/2020 22:04:34

27 deg C ...light 3 mph breeze.... beautiful blue sky ...what more would we ask for... .oh yes ,that's right ..no fly.

Rich ..you know me.... I do always have the next project going in my head ,as I'm still working on the last one.

I've been working on a rigid 4 blade head with flexing blades.but I can't test it.

As some of you will know ..my other hobby is brewing and distilling.and unfortunately hand sanitizer is unavailable so I have been distilling some 85% spirit and making sanitizer and surface spray for the family. Gee it smells great.smiley

Keep safe all

Chris...

• 1 month later...

Well today was my first flight in about eight weeks and I must admit that I was a little rusty...as I had expected but did manage to get a video of the flight showing my modified stab.

If I ask Rich very politely ..he may even post the video for cos I have a prob on this site.

Happy Landings

Chris...

• 3 months later...

Very nice Rich.... I watched the full video of you flying last weekend. Must be a good feeling to see so many autogyros in the air and even better to know that you designed quite a few of them. I would fly with you and Rich E but three great models in the same air space...that's just too much of a good thing.wink

Happy Landings

Chris...

• 1 month later...

Thanks gents, I am really pleased with its flying characteristics now all the tweaking is complete.

Stephen,

Pretty much all autogyros will loop if there is enough power to hand. They will also snap roll, spin and even knife edge, though this is not so easy as it is with a fixed wing model. I recently witnessed a Whippit doing an impressive climbing spiral which I'd never seen before.

You will like the Whippiteer, if I can pluck up the courage I will try a loop with the camera pointing at it.

Rich

Edited By Richard Harris on 01/11/2020 18:01:39

Edited By Richard Harris on 01/11/2020 18:02:54

Thank`s for the reply Rich,

I look forward to your video and explanation of what needs to be done .

Having said that my Atom Looped after take off and that was the end of that. So i did not learn anything that day.

Which is why i built the Lidl glider version as it would allow me to crash it a few times and carry on learning.

Now i have a bit more understanding of what to do and how to react i need something to aim for .

Although i may have to put some training wings on wink

Steve.

• 1 year later...