Mini Camcorder

Tosh McCaber

Hmm, Bought a mini camcorder, which I thought was a Quelima SQ12. After trying it out, I was not impressed with the results. Poor quality picture, and a bit of background buzzing.

I then saw a You Tube video pointing out the real thing vs fakes- I think that I was sold a fake. No "Quelima" label, and a monochrome instruction sheet. It looks as though the Quelima is no longer distributed.

Can anyone recommend a similar good quality mini-camcorder? I want to install it in smaller models.

I use the Haweye Firefly 1080. The little cube shaped cam. Really light and small. The video quality is outstanding, imo, for this little camera. I have version1.

Mine is double side taped to a piece of ply. This then is simply screwed to a planes horizontal stab with two m3 bolts and finger nuts. All my planes stabs have the relevant holes, so fitting the camera is really simple. 

20200129_201937.jpg

Edited By Torsten Spitzner on 29/01/2020 18:33:42

Thx for the replies. Torsten- is this the little Firefly that your referring to? They have quite a range of Fireflies, looking at Google. This the Geekbuying (Chinese) site, so I don't know whether it will be genuine or another fake?! Where did you source yours?

https://www.geekbuying.com/item/Hawkeye-Firefly-Micro-Action-Camera-391948.html?Currency=GBP&source=googleads&la=en&dv=c&pt=1o2&ty=pla_with_promotion&gclid=CjwKCAiA98TxBRBtEiwAVRLqu73iyJdw3uPb1HeP_twe1zk-6vo4HTLPa1UVrvGplqj9ORDkZLPW5xoCY2YQAvD_BwE

The Mobius is brilliant.I bought mine from Amazon.flying field1.jpg

THis is a screenshot from high up. That square is 2 acres or 100 yards square. Not the box with two tables on the right side of the square. The box is 6 feet bay about 2 feet. Note also how sharp the cars are.

Click on the picture to make it bigger

Edited By Peter Miller on 29/01/2020 21:07:12

Edited By Peter Miller on 29/01/2020 21:08:12

Sounds like a job for a mobius mini! You might need to think about a little airflow depending on whether you are recording hd and what construction the plane is. IE if you rammed it into the nose of a foamy and set it to record hd it could overheat. It's a little camera doing a fair bit of work.

I do like the look of the Runcam range. Only thing is, (am I correct?) the Runcam has the power supply being separate, requiring wiring, not ideal in remote locations on the plane. I'm happy to switch on and off an inbuilt powered mini camera when I fly. The type of camera that would be ideal in my small model would be something similar (but better) than the SQ12 (fake?) that I have presently.