Insanity seems to be setting in

Peter Miller

Posted by Jon - Laser Engines on 13/03/2020 09:15:19:

I need to do my pre lockdown shopping later.

So far i have:

Cider (and plenty of it)
Pies (steak and ale ideally)
Beef
Peas
Ice cream (choc chip and vanilla)
Pizza
Peas

Thats better than bog roll right?

Not a fussy feeder then John. Slow roast belly pork, braised in cider, with fried apple wedges is good, without having to buy a complete list of ingredients. You have the cider. Nice with peas. Freezes well.

Hi All,

Further to my smart ars#d comment on 9th March, one of our guys in the office has been advised to self isolate, so the company has closed the office for a week as a precautionary measure, and as we can, now are working from home on laptops. we can! Many won't be so lucky!

Regards Ray

Posted by Jason-I on 13/03/2020 11:08:14:
Posted by Basil on 13/03/2020 09:03:34:

Thing is, you cant do without some sort of toilet paper, .

Edited By Basil on 13/03/2020 09:06:42

Really? Most of us have a shower in close proximity to our toilets these days......disgust

Or if you have some short stepladders, ..... the bathroom basin or even kitchen sink could be put to good use ... just saying wink

Edited By Ronaldo on 13/03/2020 16:47:30

did my shopping. Treated myself to a pair of fine looking rib eye steaks. Looking forward to that come Sunday. Bulmers cider was also on offer. 16 bottles for 16 quid? dont mind if i do.

Checked the toilet roll department. Just a few homeless moths shivering on the empty shelves. It boggles my mind.

Posted by Ronaldo on 13/03/2020 16:42:58:

Really? Most of us have a shower in close proximity to our toilets these days......disgust

Or if you have some short stepladders, ..... the bathroom basin or even kitchen sink could be put to good use ... just saying wink

Cheers Ronald. I now have a mindworm. My beloved, teetering over the sink, stick with a sponge attached. Her sense of balance is indifferent.

Posted by Don Fry on 13/03/2020 19:17:47:

Cheers Ronald. I now have a mindworm. My beloved, teetering over the sink, stick with a sponge attached. Her sense of balance is indifferent.

Your ok as long as she remembers to close the kitchen curtains first. teeth 2

Posted by kevin b on 13/03/2020 19:26:10:
Posted by Don Fry on 13/03/2020 19:17:47:

Your ok as long as she remembers to close the kitchen curtains first. teeth 2

Don't care what she does, need to shift the mindworm

Back to post, I was in Lidl today, acquiring essentials such as their sushi, duck legs, asparagus, and being the spring wine sales, a very sound Cöte de Rhone at under £12 for six.

And there was a stout jolly bloke, on a 50cc scooter, with 36 bog rolls on the foot shelf. One, 12 pack, fell off, and Sir Galahad here picked it up and placed it back on the pile, to profuse jolly Gallic thanks.

What could go wrong I thought.

i was playing my nerdy flight sim last night with some friends in the US. they too are suffering from the great bog roll panic and also do not understand it as there is apparently an area north of portland (i think) in total lockdown and, in a surprise to no-one, the national guard are delivering supplies to those locked down. So...given that any serious lockdown will result in free parcels of food and bog roll from the govt, why spend all your money on a great big stockpile?