R/C conversions of rubber motor FF kit: help please

Come over here from the Vintage Plane section having just finished a Standard Buccaneer.

My next plane is a Dumas Supermarine rubber plane, 24" span as picture.

I have the plane on my bench ready to build, but..

I want to convert the plane to electric and 3 ch radio using micro parts.

That is my first problem, finding small servos/esc/batt and motor for this 200 gram plane. I have a Spekrum DX6 Tx so would like to use it and a compatible RX.

I expect to get to the radio on the plane through a hatch under the belly of the plane/wing

Can anyone guide me please to a source or spec for the above parts?

Thanks, Graham.

No photo description available.

Edited By 911hillclimber on 26/03/2020 12:59:20

Thank you both. Ref flying, there are 2 planes converted in the USA and videos of first flights look good (in still air)

Stability 'control' would be good! Is there an RX with Stab control for the Spekrum DX6?

Ref Vintage Aircraft. Denis, you have allowed me to see the tree in the wood!

Looked several times at their Power Packs and you made me read the PackA spec closely. They use this kit in their Sharkface park sports model which has a heavy build (lots of sheet) and a 22" span.

The servo's are really small, smallest I've found to date and the motor has the esc all there.' just needs a battery.

I contacted them 2 days ago but no response, but it looks like their pack will be a good plan B so to speak.

4-Max are looking to pull a pack together for me as Plan A.

Thank you both very much! Graham.

https://youtu.be/9gT8vScKID8

Edited By 911hillclimber on 26/03/2020 15:23:20

Thank you, that plane looks really nice.

I had contemplated using a 'foam plane as a donar, but I could not feel sure that the parts would work well or fit into the tight fuselage of the Supermarine.

Did you find the servos small? You can get a new Sbach cheaper than the power kit from Vintage models.

Very interesting!

Posted by 911hillclimber on 26/03/2020 16:30:40:

Thank you BinB, that looks too good to be true!

If I am right, the part will bind with my 5 year old Spektrum DX6, have stability control, all integrated in a tiny package, and at that price it is a gem!

I'll ask them a few questions.

Thank you for your help.

Graham.

Look up DSMX by Orange and Lemon too Graham, just to appreciate that other makes can be driven by the DX6

Hi hillclimber

If you get a Used Umx like the Sbach it comes complete with motor, RX, servos , lipos were £3 for 5 !!!! from Hobby king last month 180 mha , and I use an OLD dms2 Dx7.

no brainer really , ,

and new rxes were availiable direct from china for £23 post free The AS3X sort , bargain ! fleabay !

Lemon stuff is very good , if not excellent !

cheers

I am following the advice of getting a damaged small park flier and using the radio/motor/batt etc for 3 channel.

One shop think they may have a plane or two damaged in postal transit, but awaiting a call back.

however, in the same light, anyone on here who might have a donor plane preferably using the integrated sektrum servo/rec system, I would like the who lot to use parts from.

Hope somebody can help?

• 2 weeks later...