NEW POLL - Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?

Ideal opportunity for building. Just started on a Stolp Starlet plan that I have had for some time. I spend the mornings doing jobs around the house and garden that I have been meaning to do for some time. Then after lunch get on to the workbench for some building. Supplies are no problem as mail order is available from most shops. Hopefully this routine will help the next three nonths fly by.

No - existing builder...

Already had my Aeromaster copy started, although prior to C19 arriving I had only cut out the wing ribs. As I'm working from home, and my offspring are now at school at home, I'm not sure this means any extra time at the workbench!

I have started a new project to pass the next 11 weeks - a JP Panic. Who knew they are made in Pakistan? Cutting quality seems good at first glance and the various laser cut braces are fitting well so far.

As it's going to be electrically powered will it be a 'Mean Green Panic Machine'? I have green film, nearer the time I'll have to see about getting some vinyl lettering cut laugh

I have various kits stashed 'for a rainy day'. Well, I guess the forecast is pretty dull for a few months, I suppose that's close enough. What next - Panther 'gyro, Mercury Galahad, Peter Russell 362, Seagull P47 ARTF?

It's not like I already have three or four models awaiting a maiden flight!

there ought to be another bullet in the survey or two

Who finishing off what they started previously !

so far I have dug out and working on a 1/4 Stampe started at least 10 years ago and just about finished a Moth kit dated 1983 ??

who is repairing all those "damaged" airframes ,??

cheers

No must not start anything new. I have got a Flair SE5 that has been on the go since 2015 about ready for coveringA lighting pattern ship project that has been on the go for 3 years a Zulu that is 90% done but is driving me crazy cos I cannot get the front screen right. A very old and tired Mick Reeves spit 63 that needs a refurb. An old faithful hack that could do with some tic. (Very little paint left on the fus and I have recently acquired an old fus and wings for an artf chipmunk that needs repair and tail feathers making. Spending time in garden at the moment though.

Having broken my usual rule of 'only one project at a time' I've allowed myself to rack up three quite lengthy builds that for one reason or another have stalled.

The closest to completion is the Revolver Autogyro that just needs a few final settings to be made before a mate who his expert with these devices will test fly it for me. Next is the 1/3 scale Turbulent from a President kit that I need to make my mind up over an engine. Third, is the one on the bench and being worked on now is the Denis Bryant Chippy plan that has been a right headache, but have got the main bulk of construction complete and awaits covering,detailing and choice of engine.

Finished the design, but can't source the balsa. Not allowed out except for food, and there's none of that about. Selecting the balsa can take ages for me, checking the thickness - no tapers - knots in the right places - hold up to the light to check grain consistency - not warped - desired weight. If it doesn't meet these criteria and more, then back on the shelf. Can't check these parameters with online shopping, but if I over-order by some huge factor, there might just be something suitable plonked on the doorstep (hopefully my doorstep). These are tough times.

Yes indeed.

DW models Astro Junior, been at it a week and just about done, 4 Max supplied 

Flair Magnatilla, to be built British and from plan . Balsa etc from SLEC. ( and like Stuart above. . . .over ordered) 

Flair Harvard, newly won on eBay .

Thay are on the list so far, maybe time to order a nice electric pup from D B Sport and Scale .

ive also got the plans for a huge Handley Page Victor for PSS

and a DH Hornet, as well as a few others ! More due to my retirement than the Kung Flu. 

Edited By Rob Fairweather 1 on 30/03/2020 12:34:27

Edited By Rob Fairweather 1 on 30/03/2020 12:39:35

Edited By Rob Fairweather 1 on 30/03/2020 12:40:58

Still building my Focke twin and amazed at how much time it takes to do quite simple parts.

Still have to finish:

• TN DC3 - electric
  • Repair of an electric twin Mr Dumb thumbs broke
  • Repair TN twin that suffered an electrical failure
  • Repair a FF ME109 that suffered an electrical failure and lawn darted

Start:

• Slim Twin
  • GTC build with another club mate
  • Tiger Moth
  • Hurricane

Rob....a DH Hornet you say.....do spill the beans....I have looked but not found much recent in the way of plans

For me, not flying = no crashes + more time to rebuild the already rebuilt and crashed models

Now running out of rebuilds to rebuild again, I might have to start something new....got an    

un-started Queen Bee kit which is calling to me

My "Dreamer" build has stalled whilst I think more about the canopy and cowling areas

Edited By Dave Cunnington on 30/03/2020 21:43:30

Edited By Dave Cunnington on 30/03/2020 21:44:07

With aeromodelling still in mind, Lockdown has encouraged me to carry out domestic repairs first to my garden fence damaged by storm Dennis which also destroyed the plastic covering on our cheap greenhouse. So two days ago I repaired the plastic covering, and my wife decided to plant any number of seeds in pots and trays that we put in the greenhouse. Well yesterday's strong north easterly winds blew the greenhouse down so you can imagine the state of my wife's flower pots and trays.

Prior to Christmas I put all my planes in the loft and that's where they have stayed since the Coronavirus scare. But I have it in mind to finish off a Flair Cub refurbishment and I have other plane kits to start plus for the last three years I have intended to fit a four stroke motor in my acquired KK Falcon that currently has a Merco 49 installed. The enlarged Falcon built by Chris Bates looks impressive.

Been building on and off since 1963! However, after getting back into balsa bashing last year with a Gangster 75, I've now started a TopFlite Mustang. The secret to finishing the builds is to write a build blog as there is then pressure on me to finish the job! So far, so good, but there are a few changes that I'm intending to make so that will slow down the build as I figure out how best to make these changes.

Nope. I was already part way through a build before the virus kicked in, but now, as a key worker, I am in work even longer hours so have no time to continue with the build. Easter holidays & bank holidays are cancelled too, so no building to be done then either.

Just as well I suppose, because I am still waiting for covering film to come back into stock at HobbyKing. Oracover is just too expensive. (Plus I have more than enough models anyway)