Round the Pole but Radio Control!

Cliff 1959

Very impressive Cliff! There was certainly some inspired garden design at some point to make this possible!

Have you considered flying in the opposite direction, clockwise, to avoid the effect of the propeller torque trying to turn the model int the circle?

I'm also very impressed by how robust the Microaces SE5a is. I thought that first crash was going to send you indoors for repairs.

Posted by Robin Colbourne on 31/03/2020 11:18:43:

Very impressive Cliff! There was certainly some inspired garden design at some point to make this possible!

Have you considered flying in the opposite direction, clockwise, to avoid the effect of the propeller torque trying to turn the model int the circle?

I'm also very impressed by how robust the Microaces SE5a is. I thought that first crash was going to send you indoors for repairs.

My wife was gardening as I set up so obviously she was forced to stop lol.

I didn't consider the effects of torque I must admit, having said that we always flew control line anti-clockwise. It was more the wind coming over the fence pushing it into the circle. Somebody also suggested a small weight on the outer tip would help a little.

The MA models are all very robust, I have seven in total and they just won't break no matter how hard I try.