Will we continue to get the magazine (RCM&E)?

Brian Dorricott 1

Folks I think if we all email through our dislike of their decision to stop sending out the magazine they may just overturn their decision. I know I will be emailing through shortly requesting them to continue on sending my magazines. I'd prefer it to be potentially late than potentially not at all.

Update for all, after spending an afternoon on hold, I managed to get the following info:

1) All issues will still be delivered later this year. (Anyone else calling, please ask the same question to get this confirmed)

2) The subscription number I can see on my account is for my PRINT subscription. For the digital subscription there is a different number. (With that one it now works to read the issues on my phone and tablet). Why it used to work with the PRINT subscription is something the lady on the phone could not answer.

The phone number is:

UK: 0344 243 9023 International: +44 1604 828 748

Opening times are shortened (9 AM - 5PM)

Posted by Fun Flyer on 14/04/2020 20:42:54:

David, while I accept that none of this is your fault, your defence of the situation in a previous post does put ypu somewhat in the firing line.
I consider the approach of the publisher to be totally unacceptable. I have been a very long time reader of RCM&E and a subscriber for many years. As a suscriber outside the UK, just, I have come to accept late deliveries as the norm.
However our postal service is still operating as normal, and its just a little hard to accept the decision to just stop posting the hard copies. RCM&E however late is always welcome.
If the hard copies of the magazine stop then I see no reason to renew my subscription,.

It may have escaped your notice 'Fun Flyer' but there are slightly more important things to worry about at the moment than magazines covering toy aeroplanes... I'm sure the publishers are doing what they can. YOUR postal service might be working but many around the world aren't. There's huge disruption in the UK. Threatening to walk away from your subscription at a time like this speaks volumes...

It all sounds goodish news if you can get an email from anyone regarding renewals. I renewed nearly 3 weeks ago by phone and thought no problem. They would confirm with email... didn’t arrive. Gave a week to allow for current situation then phoned again. Went through the process of checking email address. Ok promised to send email....never arrived. The long and short of it is that I have now been promised emails and return phone calls but no one has upheld their promise. The only information I am given seems to be different on each occasion. Getting really hacked off (moderated for decency) Can it be so difficult?, or is it becoming personal. Remember, just because I’m paranoid doesn’t mean they’re not out to get me! Phone call number 9 today apologised and promised to email straight away... didn’t arrive 🤯

David,

thanks for your efforts, but 2 remarks:

- I know the correct email is [email protected], the problem is they’re not responding.

- I hope your comment about the digital archive ONLY being available on this site is incorrect. My digital subscription has always been available on the RCM&E iPad app. This app is the preferred way to digitally read it for me as this makes it available offline while on this site it is only available while online.

As stated earlier, these are trivial matters In the grand scheme of things, however due to the lockdown we now have plenty of time to occupy ourselves with this great hobby.

Posted by Alfred Vink on 16/04/2020 10:47:44:- I hope your comment about the digital archive ONLY being available on this site is incorrect. My digital subscription has always been available on the RCM&E iPad app. This app is the preferred way to digitally read it for me as this makes it available offline while on this site it is only available while online.

Alfred, thanks for your recommendation re the APP. I have tried - but given up on - the website magazine reader other than persisting with it to read very old editions. I'm having login problems with the APP due to my years-old auto-renewing 'order number' getting an INVALID response. ('help' claims to be on the way...)

The pocketmag sign-up blurb states that when you install the app and first sign in the CURRENT magazine is loaded, plus all those you subscribe to AFTER then, as they're released.

Thus new users will NOT have access to previous (archive) editions via the APP before their first sign-in. Those like Alfred who have always used the APP will have all their subscribed editions will be available. Lucky you!

Some interesting points of view from the print media when reading their forecasts about how things will be changing, particularly in terms of falling advertising revenue, a younger target audience and the challenge of the flood of free on-line content.  Google search 'Future of magazine industry'. If you like your hard copy, are of a certain age group,  then perhaps things might not be going to your liking.

Edited By Cuban8 on 17/04/2020 10:21:55

Posted by David Ashby - Moderator on 31/03/2020 11:57:52:

Morning all. A reply from Kevin (Editor):

The answer is yes, RCM&E will continue to be published, unless printers are told to shut down. But then they were deemed essential during wartime, so fingers crossed they will remain so this time too. Even if that did happen there is now the option to carry on digitally, so unless things get really dire then we should be able to carry on, management willing.

The May issue has just gone to print and work has just started on the June issue. However, steps have already been taken to try to insulate MyTime Media from the worst effects of the crisis and in RCM&E’s case this means a change in pagination to 100 pages and one pull-out plan from June onwards. Publication frequency has also reverted back to 12 issues, so there will no longer be a Special issue later this year.

Kevin.

Kevin,

Does that mean permanently 12 issues, even when things are 'normal' ??

Maurice

Edited By David Ashby - Moderator on 31/03/2020 11:58:11

I also have not received the May issue and reading my confirmation email find that my renewal, although phoned through with payment on the 6th April, apparently only makes me eligible for June’s issue. I think the system is somewhat corrupt at the moment.
Still let’s be glad that the print is going ahead.
Al

Hi All, and especially anyone with some influence with timemedia

Of course I know that things are difficult etc etc, but the lack of my new issue of RCM&E makes life well nigh impossible

I live in la belle france, and duly got an email explaining that for the time being, I'd get a digital version of the mag

Not too good for browsing on the bog, but perfectly acceptable

So I fillowed the instructions on the email;;;no result So I phoned....The charming lady told me to call back, so I did, she told me to call back, so I did. She promised to get back..I'm still waiting. I sent another email to the address that David gave in the forum...No reply

I've even tried to subscribe for 3 months of digital issues.. It doesn't seem to work

If only timemedia were up, to the same standard as RCM&E

ernie

I think i've sent 3 emails to the one provided by David and a couple more to other email addresses and I haven't had a response from a single one. I know we are going through tough times and all but surely someone is reading these emails because if they aren't then that's bad business practices.

I get that we may be delayed in getting the magazines in the mail but it should be our choice as the customer to choose to wait until later on to receive them. I wonder how they are keeping track of how many issues need to be sent out later on and that's even if they will actually send them out.

What i want to also know which is why i'd love an email is will I receive the May edition as it should have been sent out already or was last months it until further notice.

Yep still trying without success. Have had no reply regarding my lost May issue. I may be going back to buying the issues that appear interesting off the shelf next year. Don’t need to be ignored by mytimemedia. I can be ignored by my expert at home for free 😂🤭

Al

I have fallen foul of mytimemedia. I'm a long-time subscriber to RCM&E and got an offer via email to try another magazine for £1 for three months, with £11.75 charged after the third issue if I didn't cancel.

I have made a few model boats in the past so thought I would give Model Boats magazine a trial. I duly paid my £1 and the first issue arrived. I actually found very few articles of interest to me, but thought I would try the next two.

Before the second trial issue had arrived I noticed that mytimemedia had taken £11.75 from my credit card account. I emailed twice and got no reply so emailed the editor who said he would forward my email to the subs dept. Still no reply. I then phoned the subs dept. After a long wait I finally got to speak to a lady who said they shouldn't have taken the money and it would be refunded to me in 3 to 5 days. By that time I had received the second issue and decided I would cancel the subscription so she said that she would take care of it.

The next day I had an email from the subs manager who confirmed the cancellation but didn't mention the refund. Needless to say, several weeks later I'm still waiting for the refund and have had a message to say that there will be no more issues of Model Boats magazine but I do have access to the digital archive!

I feel that I have had the money stolen from me and mytimemedia are a very unprofessional company who don't care about customer service.

• 1 month later...

As a subscriber in Australia I assumed that I would have access to the digital edition.

However after being able to access the May issue last Month, I am unable to access any issue now.

Get

An Error Has Occurred

I'm sorry but we can't process your request at this time (bad referrer