Will we continue to get the magazine (RCM&E)?

Brian Dorricott 1

I'm sorry but I think it's pretty rude that we are expected to purchase the missed copies even though we have already paid for them. I don't care that my subscription might get extended by a couple of months at the end. I didn't ask for the magazines to be halted in the first place.

No I'm expected to go and purchase my own copies.

I'd vent my disapproval to someone but just like all of my previous emails but it will just fall on deaf ears. Yeah I'm cranky.

Well, I'm not an employee of the company, just a freelance contributor and you do have my genuine sympathies.

It's not a perfect situation and I'm sure the company management didn't enjoy making the decisions they made along the way. I'll pass your thought onwards and upwards of course and let you know if there's any encouraging news.

Sorry about having to edit a word out.

I understand you're only a contributor but yes hopefully some words of my frustrations be passed along. To be honest if I didn't enjoy the magazine so much I wouldn't bother re doing my subscription in a few months time I'm that annoyed with what's happened.

Posted by Piet Timmermans on 22/06/2020 10:10:25:

Hello ,its now 22 Juli ,bud stil nothing received from the printed RCM&E magazine,Why not.

hello

You're a month ahead, Piet - it's 22nd June today!smile

Overseas subscribers, like me, haven't had the printed copy delivered for a while but David has said the deliveries will start again with the July issue. I'm expecting it to arrive any day now, hopefully.

We'll just have to be patient and wait for all the gears to mesh....smile p

Pete

Is this true?

"The British newspapers do not come to Sweden anymore.
Many British magazines have stopped publishing in paper form and have gone digital.
Can't say if RCM&E will only be available digitally in the future butit does not appear to be in paper form in the near future."

While I am grateful to have access to the online edition during the past 2-3 months it will be good to get my hands on the paper version. Must be old fashioned but I find it more satisfying to curl up with a book or magazine than a laptop.

Therein lies the problem Joost. They aren't sending us the missing issues. That's up to us to get them. They are supposed to be compensating us by extending our subscription by 2 months. Not what I wanted but by the looks of things the distributors don't really care what the people want.

Posted by Glenn Ryan on 29/06/2020 08:43:44:

Therein lies the problem Joost. They aren't sending us the missing issues. That's up to us to get them. They are supposed to be compensating us by extending our subscription by 2 months. Not what I wanted but by the looks of things the distributors don't really care what the people want.

When I spoke to the publisher, they did promise that the missing issues would be sent when the current situation would be resolved. IOW, we would still get all the printed magazines.

Are you now saying you heard differently?