RC Twin autogyro gets airbourne ... sort of!

Cliff 1959

Great fun, enjoyed the video. The Autogyro does show promise, Do you think larger blades are in order with some positive incidence? I was trying to think back to the DB Auto Gyro which was a similar configuration. Rudder, Elevator , throttle and rotating wings. The rotor providing lift but no control. I think they were set to a positive incidence to help generate the lift. I never made one, but I have flown a couple a long time ago.

Your autogyro is exactly like the one I doodled for indoor. Never got as far as you.

when you were doing the ramp take offs I couldn’t help thinking Magnificent Men and their Flying Machines, in-fact in my head I was humming the tune!

Good luck with the lock down .

Stay Safe

Steve

Hi Steve, it was the DB Autogyro which gave me the idea, (I had one as well, great fun). You may be right about the larger blades, it was just eye-balled really, I think perhaps a more powerful motor would help a lot.

I originally had the blades set at a positive angle but that's all wrong apparently, they have to be negative as the lift is different, I can't remember what it said in the other forum but I certainly had more success this way around.

And thanks for suggesting the 'Magnificent' tune, now it's in my head for the rest of the evening lol.