Another newbie asking for help

Andrew Oldham

Hi I am new to the forum I was gifted an esky honey bee cp3 a while ago but never had a chance to get it out the box until recently i was reading the instructions and checking it over and before I new it I was putting in batteries and playing around. I thought I had made sure the throttle was all the way down but after I turned the actual helicopter on it sprang into life while I had hold of the skies and before I new it I had let go and it went crashing into my TV unit it continued to rotate for a few seconds then just stopped. I will be honest and say i have no real knowledge of how rc helicopters work but even I can tell that it's not in good shape. Both front and rear rota are broken as well as the smaller blades on the front. And a small chrome strut that eppeared to be attached to the main rota has also snapped off. Also I have also been made aware that because of my misshap my main circuit might of been damaged.

I do get there may be some that will want to shout with there fingers which in part is understandable but please know I am genuinely asking for constructive advice not criticism

Many thanks andy

Hello Andy,

This is generally a pretty friendly forum but it's not particularly helicopter orientated although there are a few who take an interest. The usual advice would be to seek out a local club or enthusiast and get together with them to guide you through those initial stages - not something that's currently an option!

Spares seem to be available (e.g. here) but I think that you may get more meaningful help from those with relevant experience if you post some pictures of the damage.

I may have flown one many years ago in my indoor club . I don't have fond memories ! RC Universe have some information , but if you wish to learn to fly a helicopter , then a club is the way to go. If you want to go alone then a Blade Nano RTF is he the way to go , and you an fly indoors at home. Lots of online support too. Colin