Prolonging the edit period

Andy Stephenson

Is there any chance of prolonging the length of time that a post can be edited. I have noticed, too late, in some cases where I have made a spelling error or a typo then only after a few minutes have been unable to correct it. Is this because someone has added a post after mine or is it time based. Anyway, it would be useful to have this feature.

Thanks,

Andy.

By modern standards - this site does creak a bit! Facebook gives a complete edit history so you can see what was changed. Essential for fake news and 5G nonsense - but maybe not for a model aeroplane forum!

As well as the edit period - the way of posting photos here is pretty archaic.

Edited By FilmBuff on 16/04/2020 12:52:47

I believe the editable time is between 30 and 60 minutes. Yes, the system is very much steam-powered but it works and we're likely to be stuck with it for some time. An upgrade was looked at a while back but the problems of re-formatting and maintaining the archived material were insurmountable, I understand.

We mods are always happy to carry out a necessary edit on your behalf once you've lost the opportunity. Best way is to 'Report' the post (red flag button under post). The next mod who picks it up will respond. You can also PM an individual mod but there may be more of a delay if the message is not picked up by him for whatever reason.

Pete