SLEC Fun Fly - Lockdown Project

• 1 year later...
30 minutes ago, Matt Carlton said:

The dihedral is fixed by the brace, so the way the wing is built, you can't really get it wrong as the centre section locks itself together and you just build the outer wings onto that "in the hand" as it were. 

Screenshot_20220621_172034.jpg

IMG_20200521_204924.jpg

IMG_20200521_212034.jpg

Possibly one of the easiest builds around.  Great all round model.

It is indeed a very attractive rendering of a model I passed my A on a good few years back. I built 2, both with foam wings, and they both met their end eventually.  I do like the improved canopy shape.  Is the undercarriage standard?  I seem to remember mine had single wire legs that fitted in vertical grooves - yours looks better.

• Like 1

Thanks John & Geoff ?  If I'd planned it properly, I could have lined up the red flashes on the wing root and fus. a bit better ?

This is my 3rd - the first 2 had foam wings and were quieter!  The U/c was originally bought for another model, but it suits the Funfly so well that it's served on all three.  It's starting to de-laminate now, but I can't find a matching replacement anywhere, so I will probably end up doing a DIY job using the original as a form.