Cambrian Model Company's Answer build.

Dwain,

This is looking wonderful. I have a kit arrived but sitting in the workshop at the moment. the photos of your build are making my lips water.

Question - you mention you used " H.K. film ". As a novice could you enlighten me as to what this is? Not Oracover I am guessing? Also, does the film adhear to the ribs well on the concave underside? I am just wondering how a taught film can be made to follow a concave shape. If it does stick well to the ribs and that this is the key, is there a danger it could separate and become a flat surface over time/use?

Merry Xmas!

Nick

Hi Nick, It's Hobby King translucent film, burnt Orange. It has stuck well to the curved ribs, we will see how long it stays put in use. I have done another under-cambered wing on a vintage model called The Lancer, I used Solartex on that and it has never moved. You could use a film glue in addition to help, but I never did.

I almost forgot to add the front screen, mine is a cut down version of the plan one, cos of my hatch mods.wink

D.D.

img_20201224_115237.jpg

• 10 months later...