Adobe PDF Reader

Since downloading a free plan from the 'net as a PDF I've discovered how useful the Adobe Reader is. Being able to print quite accurately a 100% plan (albeit on several A4 Sheets) is brilliant as is the ability to select part of the plan via the Snapshot feature and print that (eg the wing ribs). I've also discovered the measuremnt facility today.

One thing that would be useful would be to be able to print mirror images so that both wings could be printed rather than need to use one plan from the back. I haven't found tha feature. Does anyone know if it exists? Are there any other useful features I've missed?

I can see my downloading more over the lockdown. I'm already thinking about a Pientopol Air Camper as my next mini project.

Geoff

If you need to mirror a plan just spray it with WD40 this will make the paper transparent so it can be turned over to see the image in reverse. I have used this on free plans that only showed one half of the wing. The added benefit of WD40 is that it evaporates after about a week or so and leaves your plans as new.

A.

Geoff, have you looked in your printer options? I have an Epson XP-440 which has the option to mirror image in the the print file. In fact I have just done it to copy the port wing of Peter Millar's Ballerina.

Thanks, Gents. I've actually succeeded in getting a mirrored PDF of my drawing using a combination of the on-line s/w Gary suggested and a free PDF reader called Soda to convert the file back to PDF. It's a bit of a faff but it seems to work although I didn't go as far as to print the reversed wing. I did what Andy suggested but without adding the WD40 as the paper was thin enough to see through.

Anyway, I've built the wing now. It's a 46" ws for the Das Liddle Stik which I've built in one piece with no dihedral and it's come out quite well. If it'll fly quite well remains to be seen in some distant future

Geoff

Posted by Tim A on 02/05/2020 00:11:33:

Geoff, have you looked in your printer options? I have an Epson XP-440 which has the option to mirror image in the the print file. In fact I have just done it to copy the port wing of Peter Millar's Ballerina.

Unfirtunately my HP Office Jet 6600, whilst excellent in other respects, doesn't have a reverse print option but it's worth remembering if I ever replace it that it's feature to look out for. From my research it seems transfer printing on T shirts is a common requirement which needs mirror images.

Geoff