LUOBO V2

jclassic1

I normally build and fly scratchbuilt foam rc planes but feel like a change.

I have seen on Banggoods web site a small autogyro kit called Luobo V2 dual operation autogyro kit.

My only past experience with autogyro,s was building Al Foots twin rotor Twirl a good few years ago but it seemed more like a rotor assisted plane than a real autogyro.I have to say though that it did fly well.

Anyway I am really looking for some advice from people that have built and flown the Luobo and is it suitable for a novice autogyro pilot.

Thanks

John

hello john and welcome from me.that bangood a/gyro is the double of a one that a former forum lad built....called cranefly...there are a few threads on the forum here about it.there are a few autogyro lads on the forum......Richard Harris is your man also.....you'll get loads of advice and help with the foodmixers...

ken anderson...ne..1 a/gyro dept.

PS...should maybe point out that the cranefly designer Tom Wright is now flying his models in the sky...nice helpful lad...RIP Tom from me.

Edited By ken anderson. on 18/05/2020 19:01:47

Hi John,

As it happens one of my clubmates has just bought the same model and it has been one of his lockdown builds, he stated it went together well. He has asked me to trim it for him so I can report back on how it goes. Unfortunately he has an underlying medical condition so when this will be I have no idea at the moment.

One thing to check is that the head is assembled the correct way round, its 15 degree delta type with a polyproplyene hinge and they have been known to be put together the wrong way.

Rich

Ken,you mention Tom Wrights Cranefly which I was interested in nearly 7 years ago.

When Tom posted his Cranefly in 2013 I contacted him for information which he was only too keen to offer.

He even invited me over to his house to let me try out one of his own cranefly,s but I never got around to going before he passed away.

As a complete autogyro beginner would it be easier for me to be looking at a single function head like Toms Cranefly to learn on.

Thanks

John

Hi Rich,

the Luobo seems to fly very well but it is being flown by an experienced pilot.

Keeping my models within my not so good eyesight has always been a problem for me so I tend to build slow flying models that fly close to me.

The Luobo does seem to slow down quite nicely so may still be worth considering as my first autogyro.

Thanks to you and Ken for answering my posts.

I have just finished my foamy Kwirl and hope to try it as soon as I get a calm day.

John