Tony N 50mm fan Hawk

Hi Ray,

Yes from Tony, not published yet on on his site but mailed him and he sent one at the same price as the others - as the model is the same size - Gnat, Hunter, Provost etc..

VAC bits not available yet tho.. but At least I would keep busy in lockdown - ahead of the curve !!

Its a cracker and the easiest of the 4 I have built so far... Just need now to wait for the rest to finish and go enjoy etc

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Looks absolutely brilliant! I have the freewing hawk that flys really well. I think i may have to add this to my list of build projects. Callies graphics are an excellent company i have used them.

What is the price of the kit?

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

So with perfect weather on Sunday the big day arrived.. a few flights with the provost, Gnat and Hunter to calm the nerves..

As usual I do my own hand launches, an issue with Mode 1 but I always like then to blame a bad launch and crash on me and no-one else..

The first launch was .. 'interesting' to say the least.. a dive for the floor and a snap roll to the left.. a few hairy inputs and we were climbing away holding half full up elevator to keep level !!. I think a slight forward cog and a hard launch contributed.

The battery was mounted a little forward from that shown on the plan to get the cog correct, held in position with blue foam blocks which I can remove.

Once in the circuit, trims quickly added and we were straight and level... The first thing which struck me was how little power she needed, throttling back to about half and into the cruise.. With rates set and 30% expo she settled into the flight and felt just like the Gnat !! so so smooth in the turns at fast and medium speeds with no sight of a wobble or tip stall. A final bonus was the noise - I swear it sounded like a jet with intake rush....

The landing was next and the flare was not enough and the tank underneath brought the model to an abrupt stop - good job I added the location pegs into the fuselage.

Several more flights and much better landings and to say I am chuffed is an understatement !!. Awesome model Tony .. she really does fly as well as she looks ...

Radio.jpeg

2adce40c-0504-412b-a84b-83fdfcb03780.jpeg

6c1fb92c-76b4-4d65-b0ac-e4934bbf333a.jpeg

7fc41263-e6e0-4600-bdc9-dbe191884e59.jpeg

Battery2.jpeg

Steve

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

HI there Allan,

On all these models with Vac bits, like the Provost I first trim the part to fit with scissors then lightly sand the edges. Then place on the film covered model and lightly mark where the vac part touches. Remove it and lightly sand the film on the model INSIDE the marked line (so its not seen once fitted)

Glue of choice is Deluxe Models Canopy glue as I find it eches and keys the best to the film - and dries clear. Once tacked on with sparing glue I then run a generous fillet of glue INSIDE the vac part and especially and the front edge to stop lifting off in flight. UhU Por could be used but I find it does not eche

Not had one come off so far !! Hope this helps

f6718a17-6532-4e63-ad80-d760e0731caa.jpeg

Steve

• 2 months later...