£ Cost of a 3700mah lipo charge

That's the last thing I want to know. Her in doors already moans about how much the Koi pond cost's.The rest of the bill is her Mega watt hair dryer ( and don't any of you tell here any different) If I told here it cost £xx every time I charged up my flight packs for a days flying it would be tongue pie again. Electric flight is cheap ,when you have bought the cells that is the end of the expense.

A four cell 3700 pack charged at 1C will consume 62W, double that to give 50% efficiency to allow for heating the charger and pack you have 124W for one hour or 0.12 KW/h. At an average price of 12p per KW/h that comes to the princely sum of 1.44p or four premium koi pellets!

• 2 weeks later...

you boys are legends, and a bit mad!

Thanks!

Rob I hope you're right mate, that does sound SILLY cheap. 

OK tonight I'll turn off all the power to the whole house (including her nuclear powered humming sky + box that never bloody turns off, which means she'll miss an episode of hollyenders, HA).  Then I'll charge up the helo pack.  Then I'll boil the kettle to compare.  All this while watching the wheel slowly turn.

Boy I know how to have fun.

Unwind an old transformer and holding 1 end only, run around the lamp post a couple of thousand times... then run a length of old brown twisted flex into your home. Hang it on trees and bushes for safety if it has to cross the road...

Call me if you need any more of my help..... then I'll know your still alive !!!

we've still got overhead power cables suppling domestic electrickery here in zummerzet so I'm guessing bypassing the metre is a lot easier if not just as dangerous  makes kite flying fun though and instead of yelling at youths making to much noise in the street late at night I'm considering giving them a kite with steel flying cord to play with  that'll quieten them down a bit  

Wished I had a rottweiller (as well as 'er indoors )to keep away horrible little children who go on the rampage every evening .So far they;ve caused nearly a £1000 of damage in 3 years .Dont say call the police or the MP -Done it ! Results --- B----r  All !   I even tried the gentle understanding approach eg  Showing them my models & even offering balsa wood & how to make a glider to get them doing something other than destruction !  Forget it ! they;re just animals/vermin  BUT I darent use electricity to defend @er indoors's property   SAD is not the word    AND you wonder why I'm grumpy !!! I think they would have been in their element if Hitler had won the war .

By the way -I do have beautifully behaved children & grandchildren in Cornwall/France & London area .

What I;ve said is not from someone in the new "how to educate children" Nanny state type synario  thing

Am I on the right thread ? Probably not (Again)  I'm told there is a recession - 'Bout time folks spent more time doing what they like doing instead of whingeing  IE MODELLING for example .Money is not the God .   Shall now step off my soap box (Home made of course) ---Burn the suit I wear when "important people " are about , or at a funeral .marriage ,divorce etc etc . )

PS  Newcastle is not a nice place .or should I say I envy Timbo & his great Orme