Hemotec vario

Found this online:

https://shop.hepf.com/Modellsport-Zubehoer/Elektronik/Hemotec-Micro-Vario::22114.html

It’s tiny and looks very useful for my HoTT receivers but this is the first I’ve heard of it or the company. Does anyone have any experience or further information on this, or a link to a manual perhaps?

I've not seen those Neil but noting that it can operate on 4 different systems I wonder if they have common telemetry protocols? I've made four of these varios which work fine on my Jeti, Duplex EX, radio. They cost less than a tenner each with bits from EBay. If you wish I can lend you one to try &/or my JetiBox if you want to build one yourself.

Just done a bit more research in GitHub. There is a conversion device from Jeti to Graupner HOTT here but of course that's the wrong way round for you, but it does indicate that my RCThoughts/Jeti sensor will not operate on your radio without more firmware work.

Perhaps this would work wired with the sensor wired as I linked to in my post above?

Edited By John Lee on 19/06/2020 20:42:50

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Update, for any other Graupner users out there: I've bought a couple of the HEPF varios and tested one today. It plugged in to the telemetry port on my Graupner GR-16 HoTT receiver and appeared on the transmitter control panel straight away without any mucking about.

Vario settings can be accessed and changed from the transmitter and I've found it very sensitive - it responded to the change in air pressure caused by opening and closing the front door! Hopefully I can test it for real next week if the weather improves.

I'll be passing one on to a JETI user later for him to try.

Posted by Neil James on 19/06/2020 19:15:38:

Found this online:

https://shop.hepf.com/Modellsport-Zubehoer/Elektronik/Hemotec-Micro-Vario::22114.html

It’s tiny and looks very useful for my HoTT receivers but this is the first I’ve heard of it or the company. Does anyone have any experience or further information on this, or a link to a manual perhaps?

I don't know the Hemotec device, but I have been using a similar small vario from SM which works well with my Jeti and also works with HoTT. As a bonus it also includes G sensors!

I use Google to translate the website, but an English manual is avaialbel for the SM vario.

Dick

• 2 months later...

Thanks Dick, only just discovered your reply as I didn’t get a notification. I’ve had a look and the SM vario looks very similar although a bit bigger. What do you use the g sensor for?
The HEPF one worked very well with my HoTT receivers: just plugged it in and it worked. I discovered they are a bit fragile though, I managed to break the plug off one while trying to insert a lipo into a model! 

D5A60F9B-A589-47BA-834E-3021B52F3A52.jpeg