Which sim - fixed wing and rotary?

Ian Whittaker

I'm sure this is a question asked regularly but which sim would the experienced recommend please? I'm getting back into the hobby after a couple of years away and although I'm picking it up again reasonably well I'd like a simulator to allow me to start pushing it a little again. I fly both fixed wing and rotary so would like a sim that covers both well.

Ill be using an Apple Mac which can run Windows via Bootcamp.

Thanks all!

Ian.

Thanks for that Denis. I do haveBootcamp fitted (although I’m terrible on computers!). I have a Phoenix 4 DVD rom but can’t find the transmitter I used with it nor the lead since I’ve moved house twice in the last 12 months!

Im fancying the Real Flight one but can’t find much about how it performs with helicopters - does anybody use it rotary wing please?

Posted by Ian Whittaker on 01/07/2020 10:12:28:

Thanks for that Denis. I do haveBootcamp fitted (although I’m terrible on computers!). I have a Phoenix 4 DVD rom but can’t find the transmitter I used with it nor the lead since I’ve moved house twice in the last 12 months!

Im fancying the Real Flight one but can’t find much about how it performs with helicopters - does anybody use it rotary wing please?

Real Flight Basic is fine if you just want an RC simulator. It's got several helis including a training one, and also a Harrier which with practice isn't as impossible as it first appears.

The 'full' Real Flight is as much a computer game as it is a simulator, and so are some of the others.