4 - Max ESC - anti spark

I have recently bought this ESC from George and on his website it says to connect the thin red anti spark wire to the battery before the main leads. Problem is there is no thin red anti spark wire on the ESC!, anyone any ideas or has anyone installed one of George's HV ESCs?

Got an email back from George saying that his website needs to be updated as that ESC no longer comes with the anti spark wire, which is a bit of a shame. Never mind, I had a rummage around and found a 150 lurking in another 'plane, well to be honest it was spare as, for some reason I had fitted one to both +ive and -ive cables!! Desoldering and desoldering will take place tomorrow so fingers crossed for a maiden flight on Tuesday afternoon if the weather plays ball.

You can make your own anti-spark connection really easily.
Find a suitable balance plug to suit your battery, wire the outer pins via a low value resistor to a similar connector to the main power connector. The resistor value isnt critical, say 10 ohms.

When you're ready to power up, first insert the new anti-spark plug into the ESC, give it a second, then sharpish remove it and plug the battery into the ESC as usual.

Cheers
Phil

Edited By Phil Green on 20/07/2020 18:13:34