Irvine 40 Carb Spares

David Davis

I did a good job of wrecking the club trainer on Sunday! Horrible model, something called a "Primary 40" I'd never heard of it either! I lost it in the sun, my fault. I am in the process of "reducing it to produce!"

primary 40

I ordered a replacement, a Seagull Boomerang, the following day and it arrived at lunch time on the Tuesday. Pretty good I thought. The Boomerang is my favourite ARTF trainer on account of its semi symmetrical wing section which allows it to be flown in quite a wind.

boomerang ii.jpg

The only problem is that the needle valve assembly was broken in the crash and I would like to use the same engine, an Irvine 40, in the Boomerang.

Does anybody know where I can get an new needle valve assembly for the Irvine 40, red series, black carburetter, Made In England?

Edited By David Davis on 09/07/2020 11:09:32

• 1 year later...
On 09/07/2020 at 12:07, David Davis said:

I did a good job of wrecking the club trainer on Sunday! Horrible model, something called a "Primary 40" I'd never heard of it either! I lost it in the sun, my fault. I am in the process of "reducing it to produce!"

/sites/3/images/member_albums/33436/870224.jpg

I ordered a replacement, a Seagull Boomerang, the following day and it arrived at lunch time on the Tuesday. Pretty good I thought. The Boomerang is my favourite ARTF trainer on account of its semi symmetrical wing section which allows it to be flown in quite a wind.

/sites/3/images/member_albums/33436/870225.jpg

The only problem is that the needle valve assembly was broken in the crash and I would like to use the same engine, an Irvine 40, in the Boomerang.

Does anybody know where I can get an new needle valve assembly for the Irvine 40, red series, black carburetter, Made In England?

Edited By David Davis on 09/07/2020 11:09:32

I'm in the process of ordering a new Boomerang David.  Did you keep it tryicle or convert it to taildragger?  

1 hour ago, aidan mcatamney said:

I'm in the process of ordering a new Boomerang David.  Did you keep it tryicle or convert it to taildragger?  

Mine has the tricycle undercarriage but all the parts are in the kit if you want to build a tail dragger or even if you want to power it with an electric motor.